Author Topic: DPS: Trooper fires weapon to disable fleeing vehicle after getting rammed  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DPS: Trooper fires weapon to disable fleeing vehicle after getting rammed
by: Dave Burge, Shelby Kapp, Gabriela Rodríguez

Posted: Mar 31, 2023 / 06:53 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 31, 2023 / 11:11 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – A vehicle pursuit took place around 8 a.m. Friday, March 31, and ended in a crash and shots being fired in the Lower Valley.

According to a statement sent out by the Texas Department of Public Safety, a trooper fired his service weapon to disable the fleeing vehicle, after the driver rammed the trooper’s vehicle.

The preliminary investigation shows at approximately 8 a.m., a DPS trooper attempted to stop a white Chevrolet SUV for a speeding violation near Interstate 10 and Executive Center in West El Paso.

Video courtesy of a witness to the incident Friday, March 31.
The driver fled and evaded the trooper, according to a statement sent out by DPS.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/dps-trooper-fires-weapon-disable-fleeing-vehicle-after-getting-rammed-407245/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How long until this Trooper is pilloried by Mydorkas, John Pero, and Brandon for putting a "migrant" at risk by discharging his weapon just because he was attacked with vehicle, I mean it's not like they used something deadly. *****rollingeyes*****