Author Topic: Climate Obsessed British Politicians are Embracing Fantasy Energy Solutions  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Obsessed British Politicians are Embracing Fantasy Energy Solutions
1 hour ago Eric Worrall 5 Comments
h/t Peta of Newark; The British Government is seriously telling people in working class areas they will have jobs at an operational, power producing nuclear fusion plant by 2040.

The story below is over a month old, but I decided to cover this anyway, for reasons which will become apparent.

Another STEP towards near limitless, low-carbon energy at West Burton

FEATUREDGENERAL NEWS
8th February 2023
Updated: 8th February 2023

The future of abundant low-carbon energy without the need for fossil fuels could be in sight after Science Minister George Freeman announced the creation of a new delivery body for the UK’s fusion programme, named UK Industrial Fusion Solutions Ltd.

On the visit to the future site of the UK’s first prototype fusion energy plant at West Burton, near Retford, the minister urged energy companies and investors to recognise the vast potential fusion energy could have for both the UK and the wider world.

The Spherical Tokamak for Energy Production (STEP) plant will be constructed by 2040 to demonstrate the ability to use fusion energy to generate electricity for the UK grid.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/04/02/climate-obsessed-british-politicians-are-embracing-fantasy-energy-solutions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Britain just seems to be falling.
Faster and faster...

Offline LMAO

It's our nature to think that whatever we believe in will work as planned despite evidence to the contrary
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy