Author Topic: Nation's declining values could signal 'the end of the American empire,' think tank president says  (Read 576 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Nation's declining values could signal 'the end of the American empire,' think tank president says

Americans abandoning their country's traditional values could mark the beginning of the end for one of the world’s greatest empires, a libertarian think tank founder warned.

"If the present trends continue, I think we'll look back at the last few years as a real turning point in American history," Brownstone Institute President Jeffrey Tucker told Fox News. "The end of the American empire."

The importance of long-held values like patriotism, religion and having children are declining across America, according to a recent Wall Street Journal/NORC survey released Monday. Within the last 25 years, the share of Americans who said patriotism is very important dropped from 70% to 38% while the value of religion dipped from 62% to 39%.

While he finds the results "stunning," Tucker said the declines made sense and blamed the government's COVID-19 lockdowns for the "cultural crisis." Although the survey results largely showed a slow, steady decrease in the importance of these values since 1998, the sharpest declines occurred after 2019.

"The decline of religion, of the importance of religion and patriotism is understandable," Tucker told Fox News. "We lost a lot of affection for our lives and our routines and trust over the course of the pandemic response that has not been replaced."

Tucker pointed to the mutli-faceted definition of patriotism.

"It can mean a love of a country, a love of homeland, a pride in its history," he said. "But there's also an element of trust that comes with patriotism."

He added that growing anti-American sentiments across the country, combined with the failure of the country’s public institutions to uphold Americans' expectations amid COVID-19, devastated trust. ..............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nations-declining-values-signal-end-american-empire-think-tank-president-says
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The moral decay of this country has been happening for decades.  Thanks in large part to LBJ's Great Society and the women's movement.  COVID didn't help matters with reliance on gov't and those not going back to work.  The George Floyd riots and people being allowed to burn cities, destroy property and monuments and the leftists going along with their actions as well as defunding the police added a huge decline to our country.

We are headed for some very serious hard times and many people will wonder what happened and how is this possible in the good ole U.S.A.?  They will have been too caught up in the liberal ideology entrenched in their heads.

Millions are entering this country with no intent of adhering to our Rule of Law nor any sense of patriotism.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Idiot

The moral decay of this country has been happening for decades.  Thanks in large part to LBJ's Great Society and the women's movement.  COVID didn't help matters with reliance on gov't and those not going back to work.  The George Floyd riots and people being allowed to burn cities, destroy property and monuments and the leftists going along with their actions as well as defunding the police added a huge decline to our country.

We are headed for some very serious hard times and many people will wonder what happened and how is this possible in the good ole U.S.A.?  They will have been too caught up in the liberal ideology entrenched in their heads.

Millions are entering this country with no intent of adhering to our Rule of Law nor any sense of patriotism.
When people turn from God this is what happens.  We need a revival!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Amen and Amen!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Tucker has been writing some fine op-ed pieces lately.

Here's one I posted elsewhere today (from the Epoch Times):
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,495506.msg2805921.html#msg2805921

Online The_Reader_David

No.  Declining virtues will lead more likely to the replacement of the American Republic with an American Empire, just as it did for the Roman Republic.

Please, virtues, not "values".  "Values" is what sociologists who don't believe in some (or even any) notion of virtue call what their subjects regard as virtues.  Our side accepting the substitution of "values" for "virtues" in discourse has contributed to America's decadence.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online roamer_1

In the end, that is the only thing.

"If my People, who are called by my Name..."

Offline ScottinVA

I feel blessed to have been alive when America was strong and vibrant.  Those days are long gone now, but the memories of them will endure.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There's no could to it, we are about to hit the BRICS.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I feel blessed to have been alive when America was strong and vibrant.  Those days are long gone now, but the memories of them will endure.

Yes, we have been very blessed to have experienced the America that was strong and to truly experience the freedoms under the Bill of Rights.  The Bill of Rights has been tossed out the window and none of our Congressmen are doing a darn thing.  That is why it is important that we have strong conservative governors.  How long though can they hold the line?

Reflecting back to Dinesh D'Souza's "America" film, he was absolutely 100% correct. 

America, what are we and the rest of the world going to do without her?  I foresee total chaos and attacks on our country.  With the millions entering illegal we will be attacked from within.

God Help Us!