Author Topic: Opec oil producers announce surprise cut in output  (Read 768 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Opec oil producers announce surprise cut in output
« on: April 02, 2023, 08:08:48 pm »
No worries Brandon hasn't touched our reserves.   *****rollingeyes*****

Several of the world's largest oil exporters have announced surprise cuts in production in a move which is expected to push up prices.

Saudi Arabia, Iraq and several Gulf states said they were cutting output to support market stability.

Oil prices soared when Russia invaded Ukraine, but are now back at levels seen before the conflict began.

However, the US has been calling for producers to increase output in order to push energy prices lower.

High energy and fuel prices last year helped to drive up inflation - the rate at which prices rise - putting pressure on many households' finances.

Responding to news of the latest cuts, a spokesperson for the US National Security Council said: "We don't think cuts are advisable at this moment given market uncertainty - and we've made that clear."

The reduction in output - which amounts to more than one million barrels per day - is being made by members of the Opec+ oil producers. The group accounts for about 40% of all the world's crude oil output.

Saudi Arabia is reducing output by 500,000 bpd and Iraq by 211,000. The UAE, Kuwait, Algeria and Oman are also making cuts.

A Saudi energy ministry official said the move was "a precautionary measure aimed at supporting the stability of the oil market", the official Saudi Press Agency said.

Analysts said they expected oil prices - which are currently at about $80 a barrel - to rise as a result. Oil broker PVM told Reuters that prices could rise by "as much as $3" a barrel, while the head of investment firm Pickering Energy Partners said prices could jump by $10.................

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65157555
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Idiot

Re: Opec oil producers announce surprise cut in output
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 08:23:01 pm »
No worries Brandon hasn't touched our reserves.   *****rollingeyes*****

Several of the world's largest oil exporters have announced surprise cuts in production in a move which is expected to push up prices.

Saudi Arabia, Iraq and several Gulf states said they were cutting output to support market stability.

Oil prices soared when Russia invaded Ukraine, but are now back at levels seen before the conflict began.

However, the US has been calling for producers to increase output in order to push energy prices lower.

High energy and fuel prices last year helped to drive up inflation - the rate at which prices rise - putting pressure on many households' finances.

Responding to news of the latest cuts, a spokesperson for the US National Security Council said: "We don't think cuts are advisable at this moment given market uncertainty - and we've made that clear."

The reduction in output - which amounts to more than one million barrels per day - is being made by members of the Opec+ oil producers. The group accounts for about 40% of all the world's crude oil output.

Saudi Arabia is reducing output by 500,000 bpd and Iraq by 211,000. The UAE, Kuwait, Algeria and Oman are also making cuts.

A Saudi energy ministry official said the move was "a precautionary measure aimed at supporting the stability of the oil market", the official Saudi Press Agency said.

Analysts said they expected oil prices - which are currently at about $80 a barrel - to rise as a result. Oil broker PVM told Reuters that prices could rise by "as much as $3" a barrel, while the head of investment firm Pickering Energy Partners said prices could jump by $10.................

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65157555
I didn't see this coming...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 08:25:39 pm »
Let's Go Brandon!!!

God Bless the U.S.A. :patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 08:28:05 pm »
All to script.

Chicoms are running the show now.  Get used to it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 08:32:33 pm »

I did.  We will be seeing many other moves that are going to hurt western economies. Brazil agreed last week not to deal oil to the Chicoms in $USD.  Watch this process accelerate, and watch what happens when sovereign foreign interests start dumping our treasuries.

SHTF moment will be when the world comes to realization that the $USD is no longer the reserve currency.  Our buying power on the world stage will shrink to a number I haven't gotten my arms around yet.  My first inclination will be it will be 25-50%.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 08:40:48 pm »
I did.  We will be seeing many other moves that are going to hurt western economies. Brazil agreed last week not to deal oil to the Chicoms in $USD.  Watch this process accelerate, and watch what happens when sovereign foreign interests start dumping our treasuries.

SHTF moment will be when the world comes to realization that the $USD is no longer the reserve currency.  Our buying power on the world stage will shrink to a number I haven't gotten my arms around yet.  My first inclination will be it will be 25-50%.

I thought that they already had.  You are right the ultimate goal is to ensure the the $USD is no longer the reserve currency.  I still think that COVID was inflicted upon us as a means to accomplish that goal.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 08:55:39 pm »
I thought that they already had.  You are right the ultimate goal is to ensure the the $USD is no longer the reserve currency.  I still think that COVID was inflicted upon us as a means to accomplish that goal.

Most recent I could find (Nov. '22)

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

Of the about $32T

Japan-  $1.08T
China- $870B
UK- $645B
Belgium- $333B
Luxemburg- $313B
Cayman Island- $283B
Switerland- $267B
Ireland- $250B
Canada- $229B
Brazil-  $226B

Foreign totals are $7.4T, and less than 25%, but enough to start a run on the dollar if panic selling ensued.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 01:36:40 pm »
Oil prices soar on producer output cuts; World shares higher

By ELAINE KURTENBACH today

BANGKOK (AP) — Oil prices soared nearly 6% on Monday after Saudi Arabia and other major oil producers said they will cut production by 1.15 million barrels per day from May until the end of the year. Shares in Asia were mixed.

U.S. benchmark crude oil rose $4.24 to $79.91 per barrel, or 5.6%, in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It rose $1.30 to $75.67 per barrel on Friday, ahead of the weekend meeting where members of the so-called OPEC+ group of oil exporting countries decided on the cuts, which are in addition to a reduction announced last October that infuriated the Biden administration.

Brent crude, the pricing basis for international oils, gained $4.35 to $84.24 per barrel, or 5.4%.

The cuts in oil output immediately pushed prices higher and were expected to boost gas prices, adding to strains in many countries where high fuel prices are a heavy burden. Higher oil prices also will complicate the efforts by central banks to rein in inflation.

more
https://apnews.com/article/stock-markets-banks-rates-oil-03d9d1bfb51e2ce4a42bf7744bf1bafa
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 02:30:34 pm »
 ////00000////

... that Keystone XL Pipeline just keeps looking better and better.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 03:01:02 pm »
All to script.

Chicoms are running the show now.  Get used to it.

And are tightening the noose.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 03:10:47 pm »
So, once prices go a little higher, Brandon will start to refill the strategic petroleum reserve.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 03:20:30 pm »
 ////00000////

They have forgotten the lessons of 1970s petro-politics and petro-economics.

Jimmy Carter would have given his left gonad to have oil and gas fracking.

Obama and Biden want America to be OPEC's bitch again.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 03:24:33 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 05:53:36 pm »
////00000////

They have forgotten the lessons of 1970s petro-politics and petro-economics.

Jimmy Carter would have given his left gonad to have oil and gas fracking.

Obama and Biden want America to be OPEC's bitch again.

The geo-political dynmanics are quite different than in the 1970's, which were driven by Arab greed and power.   This time OPEC is a puppet of the Chicoms.  And the Chicoms will ebb and flow the tap in a manner where they have more authoritative control of the U.S. too, and in lieu of ditching engergy independence there is nothing we can do to stop it. In fact, so we do wake up, and restart, the Chicoms via their lackeys will flood the market, taking all the profit margins in spite.

Pedo Joe and his merry band of envirowhackos have painted us into quite a corner.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2023, 06:10:31 pm »
The push for going green and electric vehicles is evident.  How are people going to get to and from work?? Perhaps sharing rides but even at that no gas, no work, equals no money to survive.

Let's Go Brandon!!!!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 06:25:10 pm »
The geo-political dynmanics are quite different than in the 1970's, which were driven by Arab greed and power.   This time OPEC is a puppet of the Chicoms.  And the Chicoms will ebb and flow the tap in a manner where they have more authoritative control of the U.S. too, and in lieu of ditching engergy independence there is nothing we can do to stop it. In fact, so we do wake up, and restart, the Chicoms via their lackeys will flood the market, taking all the profit margins in spite.

Pedo Joe and his merry band of envirowhackos have painted us into quite a corner.

Our only energy policy is pie in the sky, green energy and emptying out the SPR
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2023, 07:33:05 pm »
Interesting. Usually US POTUS campaigns are associated with a drop in oil prices, one way the players in the global oil market can influence American politics, reinforcing the current administration's bid for reelection by making people happier.

Is Saudi/BRIC dissatisfaction with the current _resident that severe that actions to increase or stabilize the price of oil are being taken, or are they trying to inflate the price to shift oil purchase transactions from the dollar?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2023, 07:52:13 pm »
Is Saudi/BRIC dissatisfaction with the current _resident that severe that actions to increase or stabilize the price of oil are being taken, or are they trying to inflate the price to shift oil purchase transactions from the dollar?

Since they seem to be applying to BRICS, I'm guessing that and basically a show of solidarity by giving a boost to Russia.

The Saudis have all that oil and are some of the most skittish players I've ever seen. If they see hitching to China and India are the future, they'll drop us like a hot rock.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2023, 07:55:03 pm »
EV's will save us from the evils of OPEC.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2023, 08:01:57 pm »
EV's will save us from the evils of OPEC.