Author Topic: BRICS Working on New Form of Currency  (Read 1207 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: BRICS Working on New Form of Currency
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2023, 07:03:14 pm »
Been trying to read up on this. I don't know much about it. I see that Brazil and China have agreed to start trading with the yuan and the real. Don't know if other countries will follow suit. Could it mean heading down the road of mutual mass destruction?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2023, 07:05:51 pm »

I never once took the positions you accuse me of.  I have never stated that the U.S. current position is solid or defensible.  I am simply taking issue with the concept that some new currency is going to be "secure" in the sense that it will have something other than the issuing government's say-so behind it.

Which simply means that economic actors will be stuck with having to choose between various levels of "evil" - loose money and unicorn economic thinking - and even on that basis, the U.S. economy is still the lesser of two evils, at least when it comes to the BRICS.

How long will that state of affairs continue?  I don't know, and it is that uncertainty, coupled with the fact that the U.S. economy could, in fact, collapse, that presents the real risk.  But the genesis of that risk is our own continued profligacy, not the threat of some new currency coming from countries that are worse off economically than the U.S. is.

Fair enough, but I hope you also notice that when you stack the two together, and based on economic fundementals, this potential new reference currency poses a risk to our western system of finance, and economic health.   And I do agree, that this new consortium will contain some bad actors who will game the system, and exploit it as a weapon.   And to that point as much as I despise the IMF, they at least function as a quasi-referee in the world of currency.  Without that watchdog, we might be looking at the old west in this respect. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2023, 07:09:26 pm »
Been trying to read up on this. I don't know much about it. I see that Brazil and China have agreed to start trading with the yuan and the real. Don't know if other countries will follow suit. Could it mean heading down the road of mutual mass destruction?

JMO, but this interim trading in Yuan as petrodollars is just an early harbringer of Brazil's acceptance to convert to the future BRICS currency.

As far as mass destruction Kamaji and I have had a good ol' time the past dozen or so posts debating that point.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2023, 07:35:22 pm »
Fair enough, but I hope you also notice that when you stack the two together, and based on economic fundementals, this potential new reference currency poses a risk to our western system of finance, and economic health.   And I do agree, that this new consortium will contain some bad actors who will game the system, and exploit it as a weapon.   And to that point as much as I despise the IMF, they at least function as a quasi-referee in the world of currency.  Without that watchdog, we might be looking at the old west in this respect. 

Fair dinkum.  :beer:

Online catfish1957

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2023, 11:42:54 am »
Kind of side note, but here is another example of collateral damage from Pedo Joe's disatrous energy and international policies with a future BRICS member....

Venezuela's stock market is up 422% since a year ago.  These sons of bitches were almost given last rites, and now they are roaring back, and have given the Chicoms a reason to give them a QE like infusion. 

You can not overestimate the damage that Joe Biden has done to this country.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2023, 02:48:24 pm »
Ohh so quietly, and stealthly the likes of Bloomberg and CNBC are quietly not reporting that Gold again has hit an ALL TIME HIGH!!!!!

At this exact moment.....  $2056.50/ ounce.  Considering all the tea leaves are pointing toward a Bidenstagflation shitshow, just more proof that the $USD is slipping and circling the drain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2023, 02:51:04 pm »
Ohh so quietly, and stealthly the likes of Bloomberg and CNBC are quietly not reporting that Gold again has hit an ALL TIME HIGH!!!!!

At this exact moment.....  $2056.50/ ounce.  Considering all the tea leaves are pointing toward a Bidenstagflation shitshow, just more proof that the $USD is slipping and circling the drain.

The entire country is circling the drain if you ask me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien