Author Topic: F-35 upgrades slip to 2024, drawing lawmaker’s ire  (Read 98 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-35 upgrades slip to 2024, drawing lawmaker’s ire
« on: April 02, 2023, 03:02:46 pm »
F-35 upgrades slip to 2024, drawing lawmaker’s ire
By Stephen Losey
 Thursday, Mar 30

WASHINGTON — The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter will receive a slate of hardware and software upgrades known as Technology Refresh 3 a year later than originally expected, the three-star general in charge of the program told lawmakers Wednesday.

The F-35 Joint Program Office now estimates TR-3 — intended to load the jet with improved displays, computer memory and processing power — will arrive in April 2024, Lt. Gen. Michael Schmidt, the F-35′s program executive officer, said during a March 30 hearing before a House Armed Services Committee subpanel.

That would be a year later than the original due date of April 2023, said the chairman of the Tactical Air and Land Forces Subcommittee, Rep. Rob Wittman, R-Va.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/03/30/f-35-upgrades-slip-to-2024-drawing-lawmakers-ire/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: F-35 upgrades slip to 2024, drawing lawmaker’s ire
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 03:03:47 pm »
Why are politicians so upset the AF can't fulfill it's mission should it need to? :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson