Author Topic: Top Marine acknowledges mechanical issues with new amphibious vehicles  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top Marine acknowledges mechanical issues with new amphibious vehicles
By Irene Loewenson
 Mar 31, 09:21 AM

The Marine Corps’ top officer said Tuesday the service is working through “a few notable challenges” in fielding its amphibious combat vehicle, including several mechanical issues and a training deficiency that he said led to last year’s string of mishaps.

The two main mechanical issues with the ACV both involve parts related to the vehicle’s wheels, “one with the struts / shock absorbers and the other with the central tire inflation system,” Marine Commandant Gen. David Berger said in written testimony submitted to the Senate Appropriations Committee.

The shock absorber is part of the vehicle’s strut system, according to Garrett Lacaillade, vice president of amphibious programs at BAE Systems, which manufactures the vehicle.

Central tire inflation systems allow vehicle operators to adjust pressure levels in the tires as the vehicle crosses different terrain, Lacaillade said.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/03/31/top-marine-acknowledges-mechanical-issues-with-new-amphibious-vehicles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson