Author Topic: Banana Time for the Rule of Law By Roger Kimball  (Read 142 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Banana Time for the Rule of Law By Roger Kimball
« on: April 02, 2023, 01:58:02 pm »
Banana Time for the Rule of Law

When agents of the deep state hector you about
“the rule of law,” laugh in their faces.
By Roger Kimball
April 1, 2023

The Czech novelist Milan Kundera published The Joke, his first novel, in 1967. It traces the fortunes of Ludvik, a young student, after his politically correct girlfriend shows the Communist authorities a postcard he had written to her as a joke: “Optimism is the opium of the people! A healthy atmosphere stinks of stupidity! Long live Trotsky! Ludvik.” As a result of this whimsy, Ludvik finds himself expelled from the Communist Party, the university, and is eventually conscripted to work in the mines.

That’s the way things are in totalitarian societies. No jokes allowed, especially not jokes told at the expense of the regime.

Thus it is that North Korea banned sarcasm and irony.

Poor Ludvik suffered for his joke. But he got off easy compared to Douglass Mackey, a social media “influencer” who wrote under the pen name “Ricky Vaughn.”

During the 2016 election cycle, Mackey/Vaughn posted a funny meme urging Hillary voters to “avoid the line and vote from home” by texting “Hillary” to a certain number.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2023/04/01/banana-time-for-the-rule-of-law/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Banana Time for the Rule of Law By Roger Kimball
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 05:38:52 pm »
"Bananas" are the Fruit of the Year....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Banana Time for the Rule of Law By Roger Kimball
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 05:44:00 pm »
The "Rule of Law" has become a synomous term with "I Am From the Government and I am Here to Help"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.