Author Topic: Manchin Accuses White House Of Subverting The Inflation Reduction Act  (Read 406 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY MARK MOORE ON MAR 30, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Manchin Accuses White House Of Subverting The Inflation Reduction Act

Sen. Joe Manchin​ accused the Biden administration of not implementing the Inflation Reduction Act as intended, arguing it is “ignoring” the law’s provisions to expand fossil fuels for purely partisan purposes and undermining its ability to reduce the national debt.

“​{​​I]​nstead of implementing the law as intended, unelected ideologues, bureaucrats, and appointees seem determined to violate and subvert the law to advance a partisan agenda that ignores both energy and fiscal security,” the West Virginia Democrat wrote in an op-ed published Wednesday in the Wall Street Journal. [emphasis, links added]

“​Specifically, they are ignoring the law’s intent to support and expand fossil energy and are redefining ​’​domestic energy​’​ to increase clean-energy spending to potentially deficit-breaking levels.

“The administration is attempting at every turn to implement the bill it wanted, not the bill Congress actually passed,” he said.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/manchin-accuses-white-house-of-subverting-the-inflation-reduction-act/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Manchin Accuses White House Of Subverting The Inflation Reduction Act
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 12:23:55 pm »
Did he think anything else was going to happen? You vote for things on empty promises and this is what you get.

Stalinists that are fine with machine gunning you into a mass grave aren't going to act honestly or honorably.

Maybe not vote for it in the first place?
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 01:00:28 pm »
If this comes as a surprise to Joe, then he's stupider than we thought.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 01:35:03 pm »
Sell out whore has long lost the minute shred of moral authority during his faux-middle of the road- Blow Joe period.

I just hope the good folks of WV give you such a kick in the ass, that their wingtip designs are implanted on your ass like a tatoo.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 05:43:23 pm »
You voted for it based on a Biden promise, so you are at fault for being the deciding vote.

I have no sympathy for idiots.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 06:07:32 pm »
Matt Whitlock
@mattdizwhitlock
This act by Manchin is just absurd. He gave Biden the deciding vote for the Inflation Reduction Act, saw his approval ratings plummet overnight, and is now pretending it’s someone else’s fault that bill is as bad as everyone said it would be.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1649064678717378564
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 07:48:35 pm »
Matt Whitlock
@mattdizwhitlock
This act by Manchin is just absurd. He gave Biden the deciding vote for the Inflation Reduction Act, saw his approval ratings plummet overnight, and is now pretending it’s someone else’s fault that bill is as bad as everyone said it would be.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1649064678717378564

Everybody, including Manchin, knew the Rats were going to renege on his deal before Biteme's signature was dry.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 08:48:24 pm »
Everybody, including Manchin, knew the Rats were going to renege on his deal before Biteme's signature was dry.

Manchin's predicament reminds of when the Delta House crew wrecked Flounder's brothers Lincoln Continental during a road trip. 

"Joe, you can’t spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You f*cked up. You trusted us! Hey, make the best of it! Maybe we can help.”  -Sen Chuck Schummer
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.