Author Topic: Is April Fools’ Day White Supremacism?  (Read 103 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is April Fools’ Day White Supremacism?
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:04:51 pm »
Is April Fools’ Day White Supremacism?
Posted on April 1, 2023 by Baron Bodissey
The Jester
Race hustlers have denounced a newly identified form of white supremacism. Here’s the story from Reuters:

New York, New York (April 1) — A racial justice advocacy group has denounced April Fools’ Day as a tool of white supremacy.

The Eastern League for Overturning Injustice, based in New York City, issued a press release today demanding that all observance of April Fools’ Day be cancelled by federal, state, and local government agencies, the mainstream media, and social media. It also asked ordinary Americans to use all lawful means at their disposal to put a stop to any pranks initiated by their family, friends, and acquaintances.

Mandy X. Antanaclasis (they/them), a spokesperson for the Eastern League for Overturning Injustice, said that April Fools’ Day has historically been used by the cis-male white patriarchy as a vehicle for the denigration and humiliation of women, the disabled, animals, people of color, and members of the LGBTQI+ community.

https://gatesofvienna.net/2023/04/is-april-fools-day-white-supremacism/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 08:05:50 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson