Author Topic: California bill would provide ‘free’ condoms to students in grades 7 and up  (Read 527 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
April 1, 2023
California bill would provide ‘free’ condoms to students in grades 7 and up
By Eric Utter

A bill proposed in the state of California would require public schools to make condoms available to students for free. Naturally, the proposal characterizes the provision of free condoms to students as an enlightened way to significantly decrease the number of sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies. (Of course, the kiddies’ condoms aren’t actually free, as their taxpayer parents —  and all other taxpayers -- must pay for them.)

The measure declares, “Each public school serving any of grades 7 to 12, inclusive, shall allow the distribution of condoms during the course of, or in connection to, educational or public health programs and initiatives.” Perhaps we should just have a provider walk through algebra and English classes, ala a peanut vendor at a ballpark, shouting: “Get your condoms here! Free prophylactics! Ribbed Trojans for your partner’s pleasure! Extra-large semen reservoir at the tip! Free condoms here! Get your free condoms here!”

Democratic state Sen. Caroline Menjivar might well be in favor of that idea. She stated, by way of a press release: “By requiring free condoms in all California high schools, we are empowering the youth who decide to become sexually active to protect themselves and their partners from STIs, while also removing barriers that potentially shame them and lead to unsafe sex.” (The senator might want to consider dropping “Men” from her last name and going simply by Caroline Jivar…or maybe changing her last name to “Theyjivar” in the interest of inclusivity. And, let’s see, not having a condom could potentially shame students? Well, perhaps in California.)

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/california_bill_would_provide_free_condoms_to_students_in_grades_7_and_up.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They must have some real studmuffins in Mejifornia! :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji