Author Topic: North Dakota lawmakers pass bill banning immigrant 'sanctuary' cities  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
North Dakota lawmakers pass bill banning immigrant 'sanctuary' cities
Forum News Service could not find evidence that any jurisdiction in North Dakota has adopted a policy to limit coordination with immigration officials.
sanctuary.jpg

By Jeremy Turley
Today at 4:00 AM

BISMARCK — North Dakota legislators have approved legislation to prohibit local governments from establishing policies that hinder cooperation with immigration officials.

The Republican-dominated Senate voted 40-4 along party lines on Friday, March 31, to pass House Bill 1155, sponsored by Rep. Matt Heilman, R-Bismarck. The House passed the legislation in January.

The one-page bill would bar the state, cities, counties and higher education institutions from adopting policies that would:

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/news/north-dakota/north-dakota-lawmakers-pass-bill-bill-banning-sanctuary-cities
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson