Author Topic: NY Times: U.S. Imports Poverty as Young Migrants Make Up 44% of Poor Children  (Read 257 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NY Times: U.S. Imports Poverty as Young Migrants Make Up 44% of Poor Children

by JOHN BINDER 7 Apr 2023

The United States, through mass illegal and legal immigration, is importing generations of poverty as the children of immigrants now account for 4-in-9 of all poor children living in the nation, the New York Times reveals.

In a report detailing vast poverty rates among the children of illegal and legal immigrants, the Times notes that “more than 40 percent of the country’s poor children are children of immigrants.”

Roughly 50 percent of those impoverished migrant youth are “anchor babies,” the term given to the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens as they are awarded birthright American citizenship despite their parents residing illegally in the nation.

The data suggests that anchor babies account for 2-in-10 poor children in the U.S.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/ny-times-u-s-imports-poverty-young-migrants-make-up-44%25-poor-children-407482/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Did Soros just pay the NY Slimes to go after Brandon? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
At least in theory, it's cheaper to feed them in their home country.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The US has always imported the world's poor. It's why so many of us are Irish/Italian. I'm not against it, just ask that they do it legally.