Author Topic: Conservative Social Media Influencer Douglass Mackey Convicted of Election Interference  (Read 1484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conservative Social Media Influencer Douglass Mackey Convicted of Election Interference

Alana Mastrangelo 31 Mar 2023

Conservative social media influencer Douglass Mackey, also known as Ricky Vaughn, was convicted of election interference in the 2016 presidential race after posting a satirical meme on Twitter.

Mackey, who is being accused of trying to “deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote,” was convicted on Friday by a federal jury in Brooklyn of the charge of “Conspiracy Against Rights,” the federal government announced.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1641907970547097603

The conservative meme maker is now facing a maximum of 10 years in prison.

“Mackey has been found guilty by a jury of his peers of attempting to deprive individuals from exercising their sacred right to vote for the candidate of their choice in the 2016 Presidential Election,” United States Attorney Breon Peace said on Friday.

“Today’s verdict proves that the defendant’s fraudulent actions crossed a line into criminality and flatly rejects his cynical attempt to use the constitutional right of free speech as a shield for his scheme to subvert the ballot box and suppress the vote,” Peace added.

In 2016, Mackey’s Twitter account under the name Ricky Vaughn had roughly 58,000 followers. He posted satirical memes telling people they could vote for a candidate (apparently Hillary Clinton) via text message.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/03/31/conservative-social-media-influencer-douglass-mackey-convicted-of-election-interference/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

BREAKING: NYC jury finds Douglass Mackey GUILTY in first-ever meme trial after making memes that disparaged Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election
The Post Millennial, Mar 31, 2023

Douglass Mackey, also known as Ricky Vaughn on Twitter, has been found guilty on charges of election interference by a federal court in the Eastern District of New York.

The charges stem from a meme Mackey posted on Twitter in 2016, jokingly encouraging supporters of Hillary Clinton to vote by text

The Department of Justice alleged that this constituted election interference, despite being unable to provide evidence that anyone was deceived by the meme. Mackey argued that he was simply trying to create a viral meme, and that other Clinton supporters had posted similar memes encouraging Trump supporters to vote by text without consequence.

An expert witness for the defense withdrew from the trial after being contacted by a reporter from the SPLC.

Federal prosecutors claimed that Mackey worked with fellow meme makers to create the Twitter posts and make them as real as possible.

"This wasn’t about changing votes. This was about vaporizing votes, making them disappear," said Assistant US Attorney Turner Buford.

"The number was real and set up to receive incoming messages," he explained. "The release of these fake campaign ads was timed to flood the internet before Election Day."

Mackey posted the memes on November 1, a week before the election, and Frisch said that the meme’s message was "ludicrous to anyone with a basic knowledge of how presidential elections work," the New York Daily Mail reported.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-nyc-jury-finds-douglass-mackey-guilty-in-first-ever-meme-trial-after-making-memes-that-disparaged-hillary-clinton-in-the-2016-election

Offline mountaineer

This is insanity.
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Douglass Mackey to APPEAL verdict to US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
A NYC court found him guilty of making memes disparaging Hillary supporters
The Biden Admin wants to jail him for up to 10 years
Legal fund -> http://MemeDefenseFund.com
6:45 PM · Mar 31, 2023
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 10:55:22 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Sharing memes is election interference but arresting the opposition's lead candidate is not election interference

5:32 PM · Mar 31, 2023

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
NYC jury finds the First Amendment to be null and void.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Greg Price
@greg_price11

Douglass Mackey was just found guilty of a federal crime he was charged with by the DOJ for tweeting the meme on the left during the 2016 election.

The lady on the right has never been arrested for her tweet that also came during the 2016 election.

4:59 PM · Mar 31, 2023

Offline mountaineer

Saagar Enjeti
@esaagar
This verdict is chilling for speech online. Mackey’s only crime was making a meme that *may* have fooled some Hillary voters. For that crime the Biden DOJ brought charges against him their first week in office and have set a horrifying precedent for the future
US Attorney EDNY
@EDNYnews
2h
The verdict is in: Douglass Mackey has been found guilty.
5:03 PM · Mar 31, 2023

David Burge
@iowahawkblog
If someone is so f**king completely stupid they think they can vote by text, they deserve to lose their franchise
6:54 PM · Mar 31, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Pro-Trump Twitter influencer found guilty of conspiracy against rights over 2016 memes

Brady Knox  |  March 31, 2023  |  07:11 PM

A pro-Trump Twitter influencer was found guilty of election interference for memes shared around the 2016 presidential election.

Douglass Mackey, 33, better known by his online handle Ricky Vaughn, was found guilty of conspiracy against rights in a Brooklyn court for his creation and sharing of memes. Prosecutors argued the memes were intended to "deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote," a press release from the New York Eastern District U.S. Attorney's Office said.  .  .

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/twitter-influencer-guilty-election-interference-memes

There is no constitutional right to vote.  It doesn't exist.  And there was not one single witness to testify that they were denied their right to vote.  Not a single one.  This decision is straight out of a Nazi or Soviet court.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

facebook busted me for posting this...a very short SENTENCE but nonetheless......

this only proves that there are a lot of stupid people on both sides of the aisle

Offline Hoodat

Democrats  -  Opposing Equal Protection since 1836

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Pro-Trump Twitter influencer found guilty of conspiracy against rights over 2016 memes

Brady Knox  |  March 31, 2023  |  07:11 PM

A pro-Trump Twitter influencer was found guilty of election interference for memes shared around the 2016 presidential election.

Douglass Mackey, 33, better known by his online handle Ricky Vaughn, was found guilty of conspiracy against rights in a Brooklyn court for his creation and sharing of memes. Prosecutors argued the memes were intended to "deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote," a press release from the New York Eastern District U.S. Attorney's Office said.  .  .

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/twitter-influencer-guilty-election-interference-memes

There is no constitutional right to vote.  It doesn't exist.  And there was not one single witness to testify that they were denied their right to vote.  Not a single one.  This decision is straight out of a Nazi or Soviet court.

To make matters worse, if that's possible, the prosecution could not present one shred of evidence that anyone was harmed by this meme.....that one soul didn't cast his or her vote properly because of it.

Offline libertybele

NYC jury finds the First Amendment to be null and void.

**nononono* **nononono* **nononono* 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

"Today, posting Memes on the internet officially became criminal in The United States of America.". (Carlson video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/alx/status/1641960235706220546

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
I'm rather surpised that im not behind bars in fifty states by now

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
again the complains  could easily have come form both so called  "sides of he aisle" given the length of time of been lampooning these  bozoz

voted MY BEST ANTI LEFTIST SATIRE  ever

better than most  of todays AI...."stuff

"Hillary Clinton apparently is okay with sending a man to prison for ten years for making fun of her. If you've ever wondered whether she's a cruel and horrible person, the answer is yes, she is." (Carlson video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/VigilantFox/status/1641963836524699648

DC_Draino
@DC_Draino

So a guy posting memes is “criminal election interference” but Maricopa shutting down voting machines in 60% of locations on election day is just a “technical error”?

8:19 AM · Apr 1, 2023

Offline Hoodat

To make matters worse, if that's possible, the prosecution could not present one shred of evidence that anyone was harmed by this meme.....that one soul didn't cast his or her vote properly because of it.

In other words, he didn't have standing.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
IMHO, this is an indictment of just how stupid Democrats think their voters are. Nothing more, nothing less.

And without proof that anyone was misled by an obvious joke, this conviction is a travesty.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

What's up with NYC juries??
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Babylon Bee will be next.  Satire is on trial.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
The Babylon Bee will be next.  Satire is on trial.
i could spend the rest of my life behind bars at this rate

"They’ve tortured this old statute to codify the disinformation scam into criminal law. This represents an important next stage of the regime’s war on Americans.” (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1642208693000257537

Offline Hoodat

Breaking: Doug Mackey officially kicks off his appeal in the Hillary Clinton "meme" case

DOUG MACKEY  |  JAN 6, 2024

On Friday, January 5th, my legal team and I officially filed my appeal to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.

You can download and read the entire appeal here (see below the break for highlights from the brief):  https://douglassmackey.substack.com/api/v1/file/957fc2b9-98ae-427f-9611-0c70d5fbeea9.pdf

https://douglassmackey.substack.com/p/appeal-officially-kicked-off-mackey-meme-case

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-