State Chapters > Texas

Democrats Leave House Committee Before Detransitioner Can Testify

(1/1)

Elderberry:
Texas Scorecard by  Sydnie Henry March 30, 2023

“And by the way, I’m from Texas, born in Texas, and this is happening in Texas. I also couldn’t sue because my statute of limitations ran out.”

Democrats on a Texas House committee walked out of the room during a hearing this week, missing testimony from a detransitioner on the harmful effects of gender mutilation procedures on minors.

The Texas House Committee on the Judiciary & Civil Jurisprudence heard public testimony on a measure that would extend the statute of limitations for minors who have undergone “gender transition” procedures.

According to State Rep. Shelby Slawson (R-Stephenville), author of House Bill 888, “HB 888 will provide minors an extension of the statute of limitations until they’re 25 years old, for a claim based in malpractice for providing a puberty blocking drug, or cross sex hormones, or performing surgery on a child when the purpose is gender transitioning or reassignment.”

Slawson says minors cannot vote, drink, use tobacco, or enter contracts until they are 18, and therefore cannot consent to using these drugs and undergoing life-altering procedures.

After a slew of testimony from LBGT activists, Soren Aldaco—a Texan who began transitioning as a minor and detransitioned as an adult—began her testimony.

However, just prior to her testimony, Democrat State Rep. Julie Johnson (D-Farmers Branch) and State Rep. Lulu Flores (D-Austin) left the room. State Rep. Joe Moody (D-El Paso) had already left the room during a prior testimony on HB 888 and State Rep. Yvonne Davis (D-Dallas) was absent.

More:  https://texasscorecard.com/state/democrats-leave-house-committee-before-detransitioner-can-testify/

Kamaji:
Because democrats are all in favor of the genital mutilation of children.

They have become truly disgusting people.

DefiantMassRINO:
 ////00000////

How's are those Federal Budget and Debt Ceiling things going?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version