Author Topic: DIANA FURCHTGOTT-ROTH: Beijing Biden’s Energy Policies Will Lose The New Cold War  (Read 449 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DIANA FURCHTGOTT-ROTH: Beijing Biden’s Energy Policies Will Lose The New Cold War
OPINIONU.S Vice President Joe Biden Visits China

Like it or not, America is locked in a new Cold War. Our foe this time around is Beijing.

A new report by the Heritage Foundation, Winning the Cold War: A Plan for Countering China, describes what it will take to prevail in this conflict. One of the first things to do: Stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

A good place to start is with environmental policies. Our current policies make China stronger and America weaker. We America needs to abandon those that promote dependence on China and embrace policies that will make us energy independent once more.

This week, House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.), Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.), Rep. Bruce Westerman (R-Ark.), and Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chair Sam Graves (R-Mo.) introduced a bill that would get us back on track. H.R. 1, The Lower Energy Costs Act, emphasizes domestic energy production, lower energy costs, and reduction in emissions.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/30/diana-furchtgott-roth-beijing-bidens-energy-policies-will-lose-the-new-cold-war/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Energy independent is only a beginning, when we get our energy back to more reasonable (and reliable) levels, we need to start manufacturing our own stuff, especially critical components (microchips). We have tremendous resources, but we need to open them up to being produced and utilized.

The Chinese have been buying up resources all over the planet for decades, now.

We're late to the party.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

We've handed the Chinese Communist Party the rope they'll use to hang us in exchange for cheaper iPhones.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright