Author Topic: Pols, teachers unions aim to scrap tests to hide huge learning loss  (Read 213 times)

Offline Kamaji

Pols, teachers unions aim to scrap tests to hide huge learning loss

By Chien Kwok and Maud Maron
March 30, 2023

Parents were right all along — kids need to be in school to learn.

The learning loss resulting from the longest public-school closures imposed on blue-state kids in urban districts where teachers unions hold the most sway is devastating and will have generational consequences.

Now the educators and politicians who supported prolonged school closures are trying to hide the evidence of their unconscionable decisions.

Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY), a former teachers-union member and current teachers-union donee, has introduced the ludicrously entitled More Teaching Less Testing Act, which would abolish the third grade through eighth grade standardized math and English tests — the clearest proof of how costly school closures were for learning.

When you put the title through the Orwellian doublespeak reader you get: Less Learning and No Accountability Act.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/pols-teachers-unions-aim-to-scrap-tests-to-hide-huge-learning-loss/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Pols, teachers unions aim to scrap tests to hide huge learning loss
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:07:38 pm »
Standardized tests grew out of the disaster of 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s schools' social promotions.

The business community compained to government officials that those high school graduates who were entering the work force were functionally illiterate and unemployable.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.