Author Topic: Audience laughs at professor telling Riley Gaines there is no difference between male, female bone s  (Read 856 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A University of Pittsburgh classroom erupted with laughter after a professor argued with swimmer Riley Gaines that an archeologist cannot discern whether a person was male or female by examining their bones.

Gaines became a national figure when she objected to trans swimmer Lia Thomas participating in women’s sports, helping propel a national conversation about whether it is fair to biological women to allow those born as men to compete. Many, such as former Olympian Nancy Hogshead-Makar, have warned that biological males have a clear advantage over biological women due to different body structure.

A video went viral of a confrontation during the Leadership Institute event when Gaines asked senior lecturer at the school’s anthropology department Gabby Yearwood, "If you were to dig up two humans one hundred years from now, both man and woman, could you tell the difference, strictly off of bones?"

"No!" the professor replied as the room erupted in laughter.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/audience-laughs-professor-telling-riley-gaines-difference-male-female-bone-structure

https://twitter.com/i/status/1641468030721961984
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Perhaps someone should email this image to Sr. Lecturer Gabby Yearwood:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Perhaps someone should email this image to Sr. Lecturer Gabby Yearwood:

But he has over 150 years of data, oh and a Phd! Trust his science.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
His reply flies in the face of forensic anthropology, and the identification of hundreds, if not thousands of victims of misfortune and murder by skeletal remains and DNA, not to mention Archaeological data going back a couple hundred years.

Just because this professor is not competent enough in this part of the field does not mean it is not so.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

His reply flies in the face of forensic anthropology, and the identification of hundreds, if not thousands of victims of misfortune and murder by skeletal remains and DNA, not to mention Archaeological data going back a couple hundred years.

Just because this professor is not competent enough in this part of the field does not mean it is not so.

“In the Bible it says God made man in his own image. He made women after, from a rib. a cheaper cut.”

Offline mountaineer

Apparently, I know more about this topic than "Prof." Yearwood just by reading a few mystery novels involving forensic anthropology, including those by Aaron Elkins. The first thing the reader learns is the difference between the skeletons of the adult male and the adult female.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Apparently, I know more about this topic than "Prof." Yearwood just by reading a few mystery novels involving forensic anthropology, including those by Aaron Elkins. The first thing the reader learns is the difference between the skeletons of the adult male and the adult female.
Anybody that watched the series 'Bones' knows more than this 'Prof'.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'd love to see that 'evidence'. These people will spout any lie to force feed their cult religion down our throat.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Anybody that watched the series 'Bones' knows more than this 'Prof'.

:thumbsup:

Decent show, btw - nothing hibrow, but good for some simple binge-watching.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Women are the same as men (god forbid!).
Men are the same as women.
Except women have a vagina, and lactating boobs, and ovaries, and produce eggs.
Other than those small trivial things, Yes. Men and women are exactly the same.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
“In the Bible it says God made man in his own image. He made women after, from a rib. a cheaper cut.”

Or pick of the litter in my wife's case.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
:thumbsup:

Decent show, btw - nothing hibrow, but good for some simple binge-watching.
Yeah but towards the end they lost me with their increased SJW crap.

Offline Kamaji

Yeah but towards the end they lost me with their increased SJW crap.

I've switched away from the few episodes I've come across that were SJW; thankfully that hasn't been too many.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I've seen on TV that archaeologists, anthropologists, coroners, and forensic orthopedists HAVE determined gender by looking at the skeletal structure

The usual tells are found in the pelvic bones, thigh bones, and skull/mandible.

The professor deserved to be laughed at because she was WRONG.

Men and women are different.  Not better, nor worse; just different.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

This is 21st Century Lysenkoism
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy