Author Topic: The Climate Apocalypse is Nigh – This Time They Really Mean It  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Climate Apocalypse is Nigh – This Time They Really Mean It      
BY TIMOTHY H. LEE
THURSDAY, MARCH 23 2023

[T]he U.N.’s latest climate report doesn’t even attempt to hide its social engineering and wealth redistribution ambitions. The specific numbers and catastrophe time horizons may change, but the underlying goal of stoking climate alarm for those purposes remains the same.

In a new report substantively indistinguishable from its previous reports stretching back several decades, the United Nations warned this week of a “ticking climate time bomb” that demands immediate (and costly) action. 

On June 30, 1989 – the week Milli Vanilli’s “Baby Don’t Forget My Number” topped the Billboard chart and five months before the Berlin Wall opened – the same U.N. warned that we only had a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect” lest nations literally disappear from the face of the earth by the year 2000: 

A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.   Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of “eco-refugees,” threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environmental Program, or UNEP.  He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control. 

https://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/44-energy-and-environment/6264-the-climate-apocalypse-is-nigh-this-time-they-really-mean-it
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Climate Apocalypse is Nigh – This Time They Really Mean It
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:40:32 pm »
There was more substance to Milli Vanilli than there is to the climate apocalypse hysteria.