General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Allister Heath: Net Zero is a Trojan horse for the total destruction of Western society

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
Allister Heath: Net Zero is a Trojan horse for the total destruction of Western society
MARCH 31, 2023
By Paul Homewood

Bit by bit, the resistance grows:

Prepare for a people’s revolution against policies that will abolish choice and impoverish millions
I love my electric car, dear reader, I really do. The driving experience is revolutionary, the acceleration mind-blowing and there are no nasty exhaust fumes or engine noise. After almost three years, I’m not going back: it is far superior, for my purposes, to a petrol-powered vehicle.

But I’m lucky. I can easily charge it and I never drive long distances with it. The Government’s plan to impose a UK-wide ban on the sale of new, pure petrol cars in just six years and nine months’ time is insanely detached from reality. The country and the technology are nowhere near ready for a full roll-out. Sticking with this preposterous timetable will impoverish and inconvenience millions and trigger a seismic, anti-green popular revolt.
The EU has already backtracked: after lobbying from Germany, Brussels will allow some internal combustion engines powered by e-fuels. We must go further and scrap the deadlines altogether. The future of driving is zero emissions, but we should trust capitalism to deliver it when the time is right.
Longer range yet affordable models need to be available for people who need to drive hundreds of miles a day for work or leisure. Only 65 per cent of UK homes have off-street parking and, in some cases, only for one car, according to the RAC. In London, this falls to 44 per cent. Millions of on-street and at-work charging points will therefore be required; the roll-out to date has been pathetic. Electricity consumption will surge and yet the country is already on the brink of blackouts.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/03/31/allister-heath-net-zero-is-a-trojan-horse-for-the-total-destruction-of-western-society/

Fishrrman:
It's not about "saving the planet".
It was NEVER about "saving the planet".
It was NEVER about controlling carbon dioxide.

From the beginning, it has been about controlling... YOU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version