Author Topic: The IPCC Keeps Contradicting Itself, Leaving Its Credibility In Tatters  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANDY ROWLANDS, GUEST POST ON MAR 30, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The IPCC Keeps Contradicting Itself, Leaving Its Credibility In Tatters

independent headlineLast week, The Independent newspaper posted an article with the title ‘Window of opportunity to preserve liveable climate rapidly closing, says IPCC‘

I reproduce the article below and follow it with my own thoughts. [emphasis, links added]

It begins:

Extreme heat is already killing people around the world while increasing disease, displacement and loss of livelihood and culture, scientists say.

There is a rapidly closing window of opportunity to lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and secure a safe and liveable future for the global population, according to a new UN report.

Scientists from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said there needs to be drastic and deep GHG emissions cuts to keep the average global temperature below 1.5C above pre-industrial levels.

Every fraction of warming escalates the severity of climate effects such as heatwaves, heavy rainfall and flooding, they said, while new evidence has shown even small changes can wreak havoc on communities.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-ipcc-keeps-contradicting-itself-leaving-its-credibility-in-tatters/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Part of the IPCC name is "inter-governmental, which says it all - it's governmental, not scientific. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson