Author Topic: Male powerlifter enters women’s event, breaks record  (Read 306 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Male powerlifter enters women’s event, breaks record
« on: March 30, 2023, 04:40:29 pm »

Effective statement that took balls.

A bearded pro powerlifter entered a women’s competition in Canada — and smashed a record held by a trans lifter who was watching.

Avi Silverberg, the head coach for Team Canada Powerlifting for more than 10 years, entered Saturday’s Heroes Classic tournament in Lethbridge, Alberta, after identifying as a female.

Video shared by athlete activist group the Independent Council on Women’s Sports (ICONS) shows him walking up to the platform still fully bearded and wearing a regular men’s singlet.

He then casually bench-pressed nearly 370 pounds — beating the current Alberta women’s record by almost 100 pounds.

The current record — 275 pounds — is held by trans athlete Anne Andres, who was seen watching Silverberg while volunteering at the event.

Andres also holds the Alberta women’s record for the deadlift, at 544 pounds — giving her the local record for the total of all three lifts, lifting a combined 1,245 pounds.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/male-powerlifter-enters-womens-event-breaks-record/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Male powerlifter enters women’s event, breaks record
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:26:51 pm »
ICONS said Silverberg “mocked the discriminatory [Canadian Powerlifting Union] policy” that allows competitors to register for events under their “gender identity and expression, rather than their sex or gender,” vowing “no consequences” for doing so.

Good for him.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

Re: Male powerlifter enters women’s event, breaks record
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 05:33:15 pm »
Lol…

Bravo

There’s a “South Park” episode that deals with this issue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy