Author Topic: Climate Insanity: Swiss Government Sued for Not Preventing a Heatwave  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CLIMATE LAWSUITSRIDICULAE
Climate Insanity: Swiss Government Sued for Not Preventing a Heatwave
16 hours ago Eric Worrall 38 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Greens are trying to redefine “climate lockdown” as meaning a weather even which makes it unpleasant to be outdoors.

‘Climate lockdown’ anger drives Swiss grandmother to sue government at EU court

Last summer, while dozens of Swiss pensioners were campaigning in the Alps to save their fast-melting glaciers, 85-year-old Marie-Eve Volkoff was instead stuck inside her small Geneva apartment watching TV programmes.

Switzerland’s punishing triple heatwaves in 2022 compelled Ms Volkoff to stay at home for 11 weeks with just short outings, which she says was worse than COVID-19 and a violation of her human rights.

Before buying an air conditioner in 2019, Ms Volkoff said she used to hover near her bed for fear of passing out.

The Swiss government declined to comment on the case. It told the court that the changes to the women’s lives during heatwaves like staying at home were “quite common” and that everyone, including plants and animals, was affected.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/29/climate-insanity-swiss-government-sued-for-not-preventing-a-heatwave/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Climate Insanity: Swiss Government Sued for Not Preventing a Heatwave
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 01:15:36 pm »
 :drunk:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 01:42:48 pm »
 ////00000////

I never knew the Swiss Government controlled the weather.  Mother Nature should also be made a co-defendent to maximize potential civil damages.

I suffer a "climate lockdown" everytime it snows.  Is there a class action suit against those evil Swiss bastards?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 01:45:25 pm »
These climate clowns are absolutely nuts.  Hopefully this insane gambit will die on the shoals of jurisprudence. 

The pukes pushing AGW have been wrong in every prediction about the end of times.  Why they're taken seriously truly defies logic.