Author Topic: Lucid to cut 1,300 workers amid signs of flagging demand for its EVs  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AUTOS
Lucid to cut 1,300 workers amid signs of flagging demand for its EVs
PUBLISHED TUE, MAR 28 20234:40 PM EDTUPDATED TUE, MAR 28 20238:13 PM EDT

John Rosevear

Lucid said in a regulatory filing that it is cutting about 18% of its workforce, or roughly 1,300 workers.

In a letter to employees, CEO Peter Rawlinson said the job cuts will hit “nearly every organization and level, including executives.”

The company expects to take charges of $24 million to $30 million related to the cuts, most of that in the first quarter.
In this article

Struggling EV maker Lucid said in a regulatory filing on Tuesday that it plans to cut about 18% of its workforce, or roughly 1,300 employees, as part of a larger restructuring to reduce costs as it works to ramp up production of its Air luxury sedan.

Lucid said it will incur one-time charges totaling between $24 million and $30 million related to the job cuts, with most of that amount being recognized in the first quarter of 2023.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/28/lucid-to-cut-1300-workers.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Lucid to cut 1,300 workers amid signs of flagging demand for its EVs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 01:34:38 pm »
Um, the value proposition of electric cars is decreasing because electricity prices have been increasing.

The decarbonization of Amierca is shuttering the coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear powerplants, but not replacing them with equally reliable generators of equal or greater capacity.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright