General Category > Elections 2024

Trump Holds 30-Point Lead over DeSantis in Fox News Poll

<< < (12/14) > >>

cato potatoe:
Donald got in super early so he could bash the looming prosecution for "election interference."  There is no upside for Republicans to engage in a circular firing squad for 20 months.  Reagan jumped in November of 1979.  Most voters would be fine with that timeframe.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on March 31, 2023, 10:19:18 pm ---Agree. Now let's drop the "DeSantis is busy taking care of a state of emergency" nonsense. That's all I ask.

--- End quote ---

LOL!

Oh so you think all the houses are fixed and the roads and bridges are back? The rail lines put back, and power is all back on everywhere? That ain't nowhere NEAR over.

So no, @Right_in_Virginia , and I think it commendable that he is sticking to it, instead of fruitlessly bickering with your sophomoric boy.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: cato potatoe on March 31, 2023, 10:29:27 pm ---Donald got in super early so he could bash the looming prosecution for "election interference."  There is no upside for Republicans to engage in a circular firing squad for 20 months.  Reagan jumped in November of 1979.  Most voters would be fine with that timeframe.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. Trump himself didn't get in until June 2015, and only declared as early as he did this time because of his unique situation with the pending prosecutions.

DeSantis, unlike Ramaswamy, is a sitting governor in a state whose legislative session expires in May.  Finishing the legislative session before embarking on a campaign makes a hell of a lot more sense than starting your campaign in the middle a session.

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 31, 2023, 10:36:29 pm ---LOL!

Oh so you think all the houses are fixed and the roads and bridges are back? The rail lines put back, and power is all back on everywhere? That ain't nowhere NEAR over.

So no, @Right_in_Virginia , and I think it commendable that he is sticking to it, instead of fruitlessly bickering with your sophomoric boy.

--- End quote ---

Is Florida currently in a state of emergency, as you claim?  If so, why is Ronny travelling the country trying to build name recognition --- ahem, I mean hawking his fiction novel?    :pondering:

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on March 31, 2023, 11:44:34 pm ---Is Florida currently in a state of emergency, as you claim? 

--- End quote ---

@Right_in_Virginia

I am aware that the LEGAL sense of emergency is complete and over. But the disaster is ongoing. And will be ongoing for quite some time to come.

--- Quote ---If so, why is Ronny travelling the country trying to build name recognition --- ahem, I mean hawking his fiction novel?    :pondering:

--- End quote ---

Because he can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version