General Category > Economy/Business

Egg company sees 718% profit surge as prices soar

<< < (2/6) > >>

LMAO:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 30, 2023, 11:37:09 am ---@Sighlass

Seems like a lot money spent and work to save 2 bucks a week on eggs. Have you stopped to consider how little  of ANYTHING 2 bucks buys  you these days?

And that is not even considering having to gather and wash the eggs every day. How much  is  your time worth?

--- End quote ---

My wife used to raise chickens and the feed was pricey then. I imagine it’s worse now

Plus, if you want them producing all year, you need a warming light of some kind for winter to fool the hens in thinking it’s still laying season

andy58-in-nh:
Cue Bernie S. & Liz W.: "It's time we put an end to price gouging by Big Egg!! We hereby propose new taxes on these outrageous profits, with all funds going to help the Farm Workers union organize these poultry sweat shops!"

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: andy58-in-nh on March 30, 2023, 01:20:03 pm ---Cue Bernie S. & Liz W.: "It's time we put an end to price gouging by Big Egg!! We hereby propose new taxes on these outrageous profits, with all funds going to help the Farm Workers union organize these poultry sweat shops!"

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

Cyber Liberty:
So when do we start protesting Big Egg?

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on March 30, 2023, 03:26:05 am ---Getting some chickens here in a few weeks... what do I expect... probable some stray dog will get him a live chicken dinner and I will have egg on my face.

--- End quote ---

Good Utubes videos on raising yardbirds and building secure coops. They'll give you a good lay of the land.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version