General Category > Politics/Government

Nikki Haley reveals playbook for beating Donald Trump and winning the GOP presidential nomination

(1/3) > >>

libertybele:
Nikki Haley reveals playbook for beating Donald Trump and winning the GOP presidential nomination

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley may be far behind former President Donald Trump in the latest 2024 GOP primary polls, but she says her emphasis on candidate-to-voter, retail style politics can help her capture her party’s presidential nomination.

Haley told Fox News that she’ll "show a lot of momentum" when her initial fundraising figures are filed in the coming days.

Haley, a former two-term South Carolina governor who served as ambassador to the United Nations during the Trump administration, launched her presidential campaign at a kickoff event in her home state early last month. To date, she remains the only major contender to join Trump as a declared candidate as the GOP presidential field slowly takes shape.

Asked at a town hall event on the campaign trail Tuesday evening in New Hampshire how she’ll defeat Trump — who remains the polling front-runner for the nomination at this early point in the 2024 cycle — Haley said, "when you look at the situation that we have, President Trump has 25% of Republicans. It’s a hard 25 percent. They are Trump or no one.’"

"There are 75 percent other Republicans there that are looking for a place to be," she emphasized.

Haley, who in the six weeks since she launched her campaign has held ten town halls in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina — the first three states to vote in the GOP presidential nominating calendar — highlighted that "I am here and I’ve been here multiple times and I’ll keep coming back."..................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki-haley-reveals-playbook-beating-donald-trump-winning-gop-presidential-nomination

Wingnut:
She's better than that frump Trump.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on March 30, 2023, 01:11:23 am ---She's better than that frump Trump.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the 1 point out of 10,000,000 we haven't agreed

This wench was tearing down statues and flags before it got fashionable.  It'll be a cold day in hell before I'd vote for her.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 30, 2023, 05:30:30 am ---Maybe the 1 point out of 10,000,000 we haven't agreed

This wench was tearing down statues and flags before it got fashionable.  It'll be a cold day in hell before I'd vote for her.

--- End quote ---

Understandable.

She used to be at the bottom of my list, but having concluded a won't vote for Trump in the general, I'd prefer Haley because at least she isn't Trump or Biden.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 30, 2023, 05:30:30 am ---Maybe the 1 point out of 10,000,000 we haven't agreed

--- End quote ---

True.  But I figure it will just be another year of voting against someone rather than for someone.  Sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version