General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

World’s Biggest Seller of Carbon Offsets Accused of Being a Scam

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
World’s Biggest Seller of Carbon Offsets Accused of Being a Scam
Our naked green emperors just lost one of their fig leaves.
March 25, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield 35 Comments

This is a big story that will probably fly under the radar. That’s too bad because it gets at the underlying scammy nature of the climate change movement.

Every time a state government or a corporation announces a particular environmental target, most of the time what they mean is that they’re going to make some small changes and then they’ll buy some offsets or credits to compensate for the rest.

For example, makers of actual cars were forced to buy credits from Tesla by California so that working-class drivers were financing luxury car owners. Airlines now routinely announce that they’re buying offsets which means a portion of your ticket is going to pay off some company that is supposedly doing some environmentally sound. Your power company buys credits resold by some company that’s supposedly running wind farms in Wyoming (that nobody needs) which doesn’t mean that you’re using wind power, but that you’re paying for someone else to use wind power to atone for your use of fossil fuels.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/worlds-biggest-seller-of-carbon-offsets-accused-of-being-a-scam/

Idiot:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on March 29, 2023, 05:58:24 pm ---World’s Biggest Seller of Carbon Offsets Accused of Being a Scam
Our naked green emperors just lost one of their fig leaves.
March 25, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield 35 Comments

This is a big story that will probably fly under the radar. That’s too bad because it gets at the underlying scammy nature of the climate change movement.

Every time a state government or a corporation announces a particular environmental target, most of the time what they mean is that they’re going to make some small changes and then they’ll buy some offsets or credits to compensate for the rest.

For example, makers of actual cars were forced to buy credits from Tesla by California so that working-class drivers were financing luxury car owners. Airlines now routinely announce that they’re buying offsets which means a portion of your ticket is going to pay off some company that is supposedly doing some environmentally sound. Your power company buys credits resold by some company that’s supposedly running wind farms in Wyoming (that nobody needs) which doesn’t mean that you’re using wind power, but that you’re paying for someone else to use wind power to atone for your use of fossil fuels.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/worlds-biggest-seller-of-carbon-offsets-accused-of-being-a-scam/

--- End quote ---
Shocked I tell you!!!

DefiantMassRINO:
No shit.  Nobody was ever able to empirically quantify what offsets were.  It's a scam so the elites can keep their private jets.

Kamaji:
That is one of those scams I wish I'd been bad enough to set up back in the day.   Guess I'm too moral for my own good (and, to be perfectly honest, I ain't that moral to begin with - we're all sinners).

Fishrrman:
Who would have guessed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version