Author Topic: Revisiting the presidential age limit idea  (Read 285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Revisiting the presidential age limit idea
« on: March 29, 2023, 01:56:19 pm »
Revisiting the presidential age limit idea
Jazz Shaw 10:01 PM on March 28, 2023

Over at PJ Media this morning, our colleague Stephen Kruiser published his morning newsletter with the title, “Biden Makes Best Case Yet for Presidential Age Limit.” (You can subscribe to that newsletter here and it’s free.) After a long walk down memory lane with Joe Biden’s various shortcomings and awful behavior, Kruiser gets to the meat of the issue. Various proposals have been made about age limits for the Presidency, and there is little question among any honest observer that Joe Biden would indeed be the poster child for such an idea. His failures in office have been many, but his seeming cognitive failures on the world stage have likely made our adversaries far less afraid of the United States with many examples of the obvious results showing up in the headlines on a daily basis. Here is the summary as to why either an age limit or at least some sort of cognitive test would be an idea worthy of consideration.

There has been discussion lately about mental competency tests for members of Congress over a certain age. It’s not a horrible idea. When my paternal grandfather was in his 70s, he told me that he thought all people his age should have to take a behind-the-wheel driving test to get their licenses renewed (he could still drive just fine, by the way)…

Still, we have age parameters for all sorts of jobs in the United States. The only reason that we’re not seeing “AOC 2024” campaign paraphernalia all over the blue states right now is that she’s not old enough to run for president yet. (UPDATE: People are piling on with emails pointing out that AOC will, in fact, be old enough to run in 2024. NOTED! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.)

It’s not unreasonable to think about an upper age limit for running for president. The longer elected officials hang around Washington, the more out of touch they become. Joe Biden has been there for over half a century now.

None of his time spent there has been good for America.

more
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/03/28/revisiting-the-presidential-age-limit-idea-n540098
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Revisiting the presidential age limit idea
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 02:20:47 pm »
I think we need a Constitutional amendment to limit the number of full terms that can be served by Representatives and Senators.

Ageism was used against Ronald Reagan by his opponents.  A "too old" Ronald Reagan was still preferrable to that "young whipper-snapper", Walter Mondale.

I was born in 1971.  Joe Biden was first sworn in as US Senator in 1973.  For 50 years, Joe Biden has been in Government - that's American aristocracy.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 02:36:33 pm »
I think we need a Constitutional amendment to limit the number of full terms that can be served by Representatives and Senators.

Ageism was used against Ronald Reagan by his opponents.  A "too old" Ronald Reagan was still preferrable to that "young whipper-snapper", Walter Mondale.

I was born in 1971.  Joe Biden was first sworn in as US Senator in 1973.  For 50 years, Joe Biden has been in Government - that's American aristocracy.

That's lazy, disinterested voters.  And nothing can save a republic from that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 02:42:53 pm »
That's lazy, disinterested voters.  And nothing can save a republic from that.

And pork barrel politics that come with have with seniority and influence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 10:51:24 pm »
RINO huffs:
"I think we need a Constitutional amendment to limit the number of full terms that can be served by Representatives and Senators."

Wake up to reality, son.
This will NEVER happen in the existing United States of America.

I'd suggest age limits across the board, for presidents, vice presidents, federal judges, Supreme Court justices, Senators and Representatives.

It would have to be sweetened with the provision that all individuals holding such offices at the time such limits became part of the Constitution would be exempt from its provisions. Even then, might not pass.