Author Topic: Whitmer Kills Right to Work in Michigan  (Read 404 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Whitmer Kills Right to Work in Michigan
« on: March 29, 2023, 01:23:31 pm »

In a move that Politico claims is somehow connected to making lives better for workers in a crushing economy, Michigan’s Democrat governor Gretchen Whitmer has struck down her state’s Right to Work Act.

That bill protected employees in Michigan from being compelled to fund a union against their will. Thanks to Whitmer’s repeal, it is unions — not working Americans and their families — that will enjoy government protections.

Now, unions can force membership on workers and make them pay dues as a condition of hire or continued employment. The National Law Review expects the change “to be effective in July, 90 days after the close of the state’s legislative session.” Whitmer signed the repeal bill last Friday.

Michigan is the first state in 58 years to repeal a right-to-work act. That is thanks to the fact that for the first time in 40 years, Democrats control Michigan’s state government.

https://thenewamerican.com/whitmer-kills-right-to-work-in-michigan/
The Republic is lost.

Online cato potatoe

Re: Whitmer Kills Right to Work in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 01:49:33 pm »
Crumbling infrastructure?  Ghost cities?  Frigid, cloudy weather for half of the year?  Here’s an idea: Let’s drive every productive young person into another state.  Maybe they will send money home, like Mexicans. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 02:22:41 pm »
More Michigan jobs headed South ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 02:26:54 pm »
"Besides taking away workers’ rights and making the state less attractive to businesses, Whitmer’s repeal of Right-To-Work will ensure unions have more money to donate to Democrats."

And there is the real reason.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 02:41:22 pm »
Pandering of the highest degree.  This bitch is running for POTUS
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 03:26:15 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2023, 12:52:42 pm »
Back during the peak of the housing bubble in the early 2000s, 60 minutes ran a story about how rough Michigan was. That was during the reign of Jennifer Granholm.

Whitmer:”Hold my beer.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy