State Chapters > Arizona

Outrage After Arizona Governor’s Press Secretary Posts Tweet Advocating Violence Against “Transphobe

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kamaji:
Arizona gov’s rep resigns over Nashville shooting ‘transphobes’ tweet

By Josh Christenson
March 29, 2023

The press secretary for Democratic Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs resigned Wednesday, two days after posting a tweet that appeared to support gunning down “transphobes” in the wake of the deadly shooting at a Nashville Christian school.

“The Governor does not condone violence in any form,” Hobbs’ office said in an unsigned statement after Josselyn Berry stepped down. “This administration holds mutual respect at the forefront of how we engage with one another. The post by the Press Secretary is not reflective of the values of the administration. The Governor has received and accepted the resignation of the Press Secretary.”

Berry had posted an image of a woman brandishing firearms hours after Monday’s shooting at the Covenant School, which left three 9-year-old students and three staff members dead.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/29/arizona-govs-spox-quits-over-post-shooting-transphobes-tweet/

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 29, 2023, 07:12:56 pm ---Arizona gov’s rep resigns over Nashville shooting ‘transphobes’ tweet

By Josh Christenson
March 29, 2023

The press secretary for Democratic Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs resigned Wednesday, two days after posting a tweet that appeared to support gunning down “transphobes” in the wake of the deadly shooting at a Nashville Christian school.

“The Governor does not condone violence in any form,” Hobbs’ office said in an unsigned statement after Josselyn Berry stepped down. “This administration holds mutual respect at the forefront of how we engage with one another. The post by the Press Secretary is not reflective of the values of the administration. The Governor has received and accepted the resignation of the Press Secretary.”

Berry had posted an image of a woman brandishing firearms hours after Monday’s shooting at the Covenant School, which left three 9-year-old students and three staff members dead.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/29/arizona-govs-spox-quits-over-post-shooting-transphobes-tweet/

--- End quote ---

One down!

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 29, 2023, 07:12:56 pm ---The press secretary for Democratic Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs resigned Wednesday, two days after posting a tweet that appeared to support gunning down “transphobes” in the wake of the deadly shooting at a Nashville Christian school.
--- End quote ---
*****rollingeyes*****

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 29, 2023, 07:13:10 pm ---
One down!

--- End quote ---
888high58888

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 29, 2023, 11:38:39 am ---The little PoS should be summarily fired.

--- End quote ---

She quit.

And I totally disagree with you.

I expect them to be morons.

But they are the ones going after people's jobs.

Me.....we have a first amendment and I respect peoples right to say whatever.

I think some clever comeback would be more appropriate.....like "Yeah, if you ever looked like that...you could point your guns at me".

or

" What you don't see is the shotgun I am holding.....go ahead....make my day"

or

"You'd probably shoot yourself in the foot.  Leave the guns to the adults."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version