Author Topic: More and more migrants are seeking shelter in Chicago Police station lobbies chicago  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More and more migrants are seeking shelter in Chicago Police station lobbies
chicago
BY MARISSA PERLMAN

MARCH 28, 2023 / 9:34 PM / CBS CHICAGO

CHICAGO (CBS) -- In January, we told you about dozens of migrants who were staying at the Central (1st) District police station in the South Loop, seeking shelter.

Months later, we are now learning there are even more migrants at the police station – and not much has changed. As CBS 2's Marissa Perlman reported Tuesday night, a directive from the Mayor's office may explain why.

Police sources tell us as of now, almost every police station across the city at one point has had migrants seeking shelter in its lobby – with no place to sleep.

Meanwhile still, Chicago is receiving record numbers of arrivals of migrants – and community groups are bearing the burden of it all.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/migrants-seeking-shelter-chicago-police-station-lobbies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson