Author Topic: Mayorkas Says He’s ‘Not Aware’ Cartels Using Illegal Immigrants to Distract Border Agents  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayorkas Says He’s ‘Not Aware’ Cartels Using Illegal Immigrants to Distract Border Agents

By Ryan Morgan
March 29, 2023
Border Security

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified at a Senate hearing on Tuesday that he is not aware of cartels using illegal immigrants as a decoy to distract border patrol agents while they smuggle drugs or other individuals across the border.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) asked Mayorkas specifically if he was familiar with the cartel strategy of sending illegal immigrants across the border to distract and overwhelm border agents while they transport drugs across the border.

“I am not aware of that as a strategy,” Mayorkas replied.

https://www.ntd.com/mayorkas-says-hes-not-aware-cartels-using-illegal-immigrants-to-distract-border-agents_910061.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson