Author Topic: Fatal Kidnapping in South Texas Tied to Gulf Cartel-Connected Human Smuggling Groups  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fatal Kidnapping in South Texas Tied to Gulf Cartel-Connected Human Smuggling Groups

ILDEFONSO ORTIZ and BRANDON DARBY28 Mar 202394
3:25
The investigation into a kidnapping that turned fatal after one of the suspects shot a fellow would-be kidnapper by accident led to another suspect’s arrest. The case is reportedly tied to a dispute between human smuggling groups connected to the Gulf Cartel.

In recent days authorities charged the last member of a group that had tried to kidnap two men in connection to a dispute over human smuggling.

The case began on February 23 when a group of gunmen stormed a house in Mercedes, Texas, and tried to kidnap two men named Juan Ramirez and Joe Anthony Valdez. During the kidnapping, one of the gunmen struck the victim on the back with the butt of a rifle, which then discharged hitting another of the gunmen, the criminal complaint in the case revealed.

Two young women who went to the house with the three kidnapping suspects rushed the injured gunman to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/03/28/south-texas-fatal-kidnapping-tied-to-gulf-cartel-human-smuggling-groups/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson