Author Topic: $7M in meth hidden in charcoal shipment entering South Texas from Mexico  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$7M in meth hidden in charcoal shipment entering South Texas from Mexico

Over 800 pounds of alleged methamphetamine was seized from a truck concealed in charcoal coming from Reynosa, Mexico, into Pharr, Texas, at the Pharr International… Read More
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Mar 28, 2023 / 02:38 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 28, 2023 / 02:38 PM CDT

PHARR, Texas (Border Report) — Over $7.4 million worth of methamphetamine was found concealed in a truck shipment of charcoal on Friday at the Pharr International Bridge in South Texas, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials said.

The drugs were found in an 18-wheeler crossing the bridge from the northern Mexican border city of Reynosa, CBP officers said Tuesday.

A canine unit alerted officers, who then screened the truck in secondary inspection using non-intrusive inspection equipment. This can include large-scale X-ray and Gamma-ray imaging systems, as well as a variety of portable and handheld technologies, according to CBP.

A total of 362 packages weighing 833 pounds of meth were found in the truck that was hauling charcoal, CBP said.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/7m-in-meth-hidden-in-charcoal-shipment-entering-south-texas-from-mexico/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson