Author Topic: Map: Sanctuary Cities, Counties, and States  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Map: Sanctuary Cities, Counties, and States
« on: March 29, 2023, 10:13:20 am »
Map: Sanctuary Cities, Counties, and States

By Jessica M. Vaughan and Bryan Griffith on March 22, 2021
Updated February 21, 2023

The sanctuary jurisdictions are listed below. These cities, counties, and states have laws, ordinances, regulations, resolutions, policies, or other practices that obstruct immigration enforcement and shield criminals from ICE — either by refusing to or prohibiting agencies from complying with ICE detainers, imposing unreasonable conditions on detainer acceptance, denying ICE access to interview incarcerated aliens, or otherwise impeding communication or information exchanges between their personnel and federal immigration officers.

A detainer is the primary tool used by ICE to gain custody of criminal aliens for deportation. It is a notice to another law enforcement agency that ICE intends to assume custody of an alien and includes information on the alien's previous criminal history, immigration violations, and potential threat to public safety or security.

Source: Immigration and Customs Enforcement Data
Click on Points to View More Information
View Image of Map - View Sanctuary Cities Topic Page - Full Page Map

Sanctuary Cities List

https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Counties-and-States
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson