Author Topic: US to Sextuple 155mm Production, Improve Arms Factories  (Read 87 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US to Sextuple 155mm Production, Improve Arms Factories
« on: March 29, 2023, 05:06:23 pm »
US to Sextuple 155mm Production, Improve Arms Factories
Some $1.45 billion will be spent to better produce artillery rounds, over a million of which have been sent to Ukraine.
SAM SKOVE | MARCH 28, 2023 04:50 PM ET
ARMY UKRAINE INDUSTRY

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama—The U.S. will double monthly production of 155mm artillery shells to 24,000 by year’s end and increase it sixfold within five years, Army Undersecretary Gabe Camarillo said today. 

The Pentagon will spend some $1.45 billion to upgrade production facilities to better arm Ukraine and replenish U.S. stocks, Camarillo said at the Association of the U.S. Army’s Global Force Symposium here.

The Army is also boosting production of Javelin anti-tank missiles and Guided Multiple Launch Rocket Systems, or GMLRS, he said.

Production of Javelin missiles will more than double to 330 a month, and production of launchers will double to 41 a month, Camarillo said. It will cost $349 million to add factory lines, purchase equipment, and hire second shifts, he said.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/03/us-sextuple-155mm-artillery-shell-production-replenish-stocks-sent-ukraine/384542/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson