Author Topic: Big Emphasis On "Spectral Warfare" In Air Force's Next Generation Air Dominance Plans  (Read 140 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Big Emphasis On "Spectral Warfare" In Air Force's Next Generation Air Dominance Plans
Story by Joseph Trevithick • Monday

Concepts described as "spectral warfare" and "spectral dominance," and related technologies, are emerging as key factors in work related to the U.S. Air Force's multi-faceted Next-Generation Air Dominance program, or NGAD.

Budget documents point to a central goal for the service to be able to 'dominate' in a future aerial warfare battlespace defined on all sides by things like infrared search and track systems and missiles with multi-mode seekers, as well as advanced radars and electronic warfare systems. This is already having impacts on the design of a future sixth-generation stealthy crewed combat jet and that of advanced drones called Collaborative Combat Aircraft all being developed under NGAD.

Details about the Air Force's spectral warfare and spectral dominance plans are spread across various items in its latest budget request for the 2024 Fiscal Year, as well as those from previous years. These efforts are also linked to an initiative within NGAD to take various steps to ensure that the service can reliably achieve air superiority, even against high-end potential adversaries like China or Russia, in the next decade.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/big-emphasis-on-spectral-warfare-in-air-force-s-next-generation-air-dominance-plans/ar-AA198LBs?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ab7a797f2eb04cd6b359844c1e5a09f5&ei=50
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson