Author Topic: Why EV owners are getting grumpy about home charging  (Read 249 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why EV owners are getting grumpy about home charging
« on: March 29, 2023, 09:30:03 am »
Story by Sean Tucke • Yesterday 5:00 AM

America is steadily switching to electricity for its driving fuel. But the early days of EV ownership are filled with bugs and small frustrations. Even the aspects of the experience that promise to be easy aren’t always easy at first.

When J.D. Power analysts studied the experience of using public EV chargers, they found drivers frustrated with defective chargers and balky payment apps. More than 20% of public charging attempts last year ended in failure, analysts found.

But that’s OK because public charging is rare, right? The promise of electric cars includes an easy, cheap refuel at home every night while you sleep.

That’s not working out well yet, either. J.D. Power’s Electric Vehicle Experience Home Charging Study finds EV owners growing less satisfied with the experience of plugging in at home.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/why-ev-owners-are-getting-grumpy-about-home-charging/ar-AA19a61I?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ab7a797f2eb04cd6b359844c1e5a09f5&ei=33
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Why EV owners are getting grumpy about home charging
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 09:49:21 am »
Story by Sean Tucke • Yesterday 5:00 AM

America is steadily switching to electricity for its driving fuel.

@rangerrebew

I am not aware of ONE  SINGLE electric car being driven by any resident of the 3 local counties. I go to the local "big city" more often than I like,and have noticed the local McDonalds there has ONE charging station for electric vehicles.  This shopping center is right off the interstate,so I guess they figured traveling lefties might need it.

I have never seen it being used,though.

When J.D. Power analysts studied the experience of using public EV chargers, they found drivers frustrated with defective chargers and balky payment apps. More than 20% of public charging attempts last year ended in failure, analysts found.

Not a problem,right? All they have to do is put it in gear and push it until it starts,right?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why EV owners are getting grumpy about home charging
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 10:19:37 pm »
"America is steadily switching to electricity for its driving fuel"

Stopped reading right there.
Looked down below for source:
msn.

Yep.