Author Topic: Bragg brings murder charges against man who shot thief who shot him first JAZZ SHAW 8:31 AM on April  (Read 355 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bragg brings murder charges against man who shot thief who shot him first
JAZZ SHAW 8:31 AM on April 02, 2023

AP Photo/Eduardo Munoz Alvarez
Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg is really making a name for himself on a national level, likely much to his eventual regret. After convincing a grand jury to bring preposterous charges against Donald Trump, Bragg had to find something to keep himself busy until Tuesday, and a New York garage attendant named Moussa Diarra offered him that opportunity. Diarra was working the overnight shift yesterday when he spotted Charles Rhodie rooting around the garage with a bag, apparently attempting to steal some of the tools and equipment in the garage. Diarra confronted Rhodie and demanded to inspect the bag. Instead of complying, Rhodie pulled a gun from the bag and shot Diarra twice, once in the stomach, with the second shot grazing his head. Despite his injuries, Diarra wrested the gun away from Rhodie and shot him in return. So what did Bragg do about it? Obviously, he charged the garage attendant with attempted murder. (NY Post)
JAZZ SHAW 8:31 AM on April 02, 2023

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg is really making a name for himself on a national level, likely much to his eventual regret. After convincing a grand jury to bring preposterous charges against Donald Trump, Bragg had to find something to keep himself busy until Tuesday, and a New York garage attendant named Moussa Diarra offered him that opportunity. Diarra was working the overnight shift yesterday when he spotted Charles Rhodie rooting around the garage with a bag, apparently attempting to steal some of the tools and equipment in the garage. Diarra confronted Rhodie and demanded to inspect the bag. Instead of complying, Rhodie pulled a gun from the bag and shot Diarra twice, once in the stomach, with the second shot grazing his head. Despite his injuries, Diarra wrested the gun away from Rhodie and shot him in return. So what did Bragg do about it? Obviously, he charged the garage attendant with attempted murder. (NY Post)

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/04/02/bragg-brings-murder-charges-against-man-who-shot-thief-who-shot-him-first-n540995
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bragg is nearly equal to Perry Mason when it comes to brilliant legal minds. :mauslaff:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wounded guy, now armed with perp's gun and no question as to perp's hostile intent stops perp from grabbing a prybar and beating him (the rest of the way) to death?

That'd be a No Bill.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Shot NYC parking-garage worker who fired at suspected thief weeps while cuffed to bed

By Tina Moore and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
April 2, 2023

The Manhattan parking-garage worker who was initially hit with an attempted-murder rap for shooting an armed would-be thief wept as he lay handcuffed to his hospital bed Sunday, stunned at his fate.

“I got bullets in me, and I’m chained to a hospital bed, but I didn’t do anything wrong,” Moussa Diarra, 57, lamented, according to Meyers Parking’s Chief Operating Officer Michael Carolan, who spoke to The Post.

Diarra was shot twice during a tussle with suspected thief Charles Rhodie at Carolan’s West 31st Street garage early Saturday before using the accused man’s weapon to shoot him back.

Diarra was initially charged by cops in the case, including with criminal possession of a weapon for having Rhodie’s gun at one point, but Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office Sunday dropped the raps. Rhodie still faces charges including attempted murder.

Before Diarra was cleared, he looked absolutely crestfallen in a photo at Bellevue Hospital obtained by The Post.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/02/shot-nyc-parking-garage-worker-weeps-while-cuffed-to-bed/

Offline Kamaji

Offline Kamaji

Wounded guy, now armed with perp's gun and no question as to perp's hostile intent stops perp from grabbing a prybar and beating him (the rest of the way) to death?

That'd be a No Bill.

In the meantime, the wounded guy is chained to a hospital bed, and still has bullets inside him (apparently, according to the NY Post article).

So he is effectively being tortured by Bragg, which torture will leave a lasting mark on his psyche, whether or not he is freed on a NTB.

This is an even more egregious abuse of the prosecutor's power by Bragg than is the prosecution of Trump.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Post article is difficult to understand.

It looks like the charge of attempted murder against the parking garage worker (for resisting the assailant) have been dropped.

Perhaps even an idiot like bragg finally came to realize that this one is a loser.