Author Topic: Daniel Perry found GUILTY of murder for shooting man who pointed rifle at him during Austin BLM riot  (Read 5586 times)

Online mountaineer

"A juror revealed another juror conducted research at home during the overnight break and presented that research to the rest of the jury"

Additionally an alternate, who was not allowed to participate in deliberations was huffing, snorting, gasping, and making other noises to express displeasure with comments inconsistent with a guilty verdict.

https://twitter.com/AntifaWatch2/status/1646202797333905409
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

"A juror revealed another juror conducted research at home during the overnight break and presented that research to the rest of the jury"

Additionally an alternate, who was not allowed to participate in deliberations was huffing, snorting, gasping, and making other noises to express displeasure with comments inconsistent with a guilty verdict.

https://twitter.com/AntifaWatch2/status/1646202797333905409

That should be enough to throw the whole conviction out.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How can you be found guilty of murder for defending yourself?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How can you be found guilty of murder for defending yourself?
Be white.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
It is legal to carry a gun, banishing it in threatening manners for no reason (and suggesting on video the general public take it like the chump you think they are) and you take your own life in hand... that would be my decision unless there is very good reasons to think otherwise. Blocking streets (even admitting you wouldn't be doing that because it was not legal) sounds like the fellow knew what he was doing was wrong with the gun.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 06:00:01 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

This is insanity.
     May 10, 2023
BREAKING: Sgt Daniel Perry sentenced to 25 years for fatal 2020 shooting of gun-toting BLM activist
Attorney for Perry, Clinton Broden, said that his client would appeal the sentence, calling the conviction the product of "political prosecution."
Hannah Nightingale, The Post Millennial

US Army sergeant Daniel Perry was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Wednesday for the fatal shooting of 28-year-old Garrett Foster during a 2020 Black Lives Matter protest in Austin, Texas.

According to the Associated Press, attorney for Perry, Clinton Broden, said that his client would appeal the sentence, calling the conviction the product of "political prosecution" and added that the defense team would "fully cooperate in the pardon process."

Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced in April that he was working "swiftly" to pardon Perry, and that "I look forward to approving the Board’s pardon recommendation as soon as it hits my desk."  ...
Get on the stick, governor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is insanity.Get on the stick, governor.

Yep....

Austin is the same cesspool of people like NYC, Philly, and Chicago.  Just a tad cleaner surroundings.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I guess they found some stuff on this guy in his background Daniel Perry. Saw it on Twitter. Personally it wouldn't affect me, but I'm not sure the governor will be willing to stick his neck out for this guy.

Offline Kamaji

I guess they found some stuff on this guy in his background Daniel Perry. Saw it on Twitter. Personally it wouldn't affect me, but I'm not sure the governor will be willing to stick his neck out for this guy.

What kind of "stuff"?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What kind of "stuff"?

Supposedly he killed a homeless guy previously and was messaging some underage girls. Apparently it was on his phone.

I saw this on Twitter, maybe I'm wrong.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Supposedly he killed a homeless guy previously and was messaging some underage girls. Apparently it was on his phone.

I saw this on Twitter, maybe I'm wrong.

Haven't seen that.  But considering the way the left researches, exploits, and obfusicates the character of anyone fighting BLM and Antifa (See Kyle Rittenhouse) , it would seem that those facts would be more common knowledge at this point.

But you are right, if that is true subject matter in his past, it hamstrings Abbott on a pardon

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online berdie

Haven't seen that.  But considering the way the left researches, exploits, and obfusicates the character of anyone fighting BLM and Antifa (See Kyle Rittenhouse) , it would seem that those facts would be more common knowledge at this point.

But you are right, if that is true subject matter in his past, it hamstrings Abbott on a pardon

Agreed. And maybe the parole board is holding things up?