Author Topic: Daniel Perry found GUILTY of murder for shooting man who pointed rifle at him during Austin BLM riot  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
All I know is that if someone is pointing a rifle at me, with far less circumstance as this case, I would be pulling the trigger first too.

I would advise right of center types... if there are BLM riots in your area, stay away from them. No good can come of being caught up in them. And don't be posting on social media. I don't want to say don't arm yourself necessarily, but be in mind we're in a new era of American Justice (or the lack thereof). Don't ruin your life over something stupid.

Online libertybele

Greg Abbott working to 'swiftly' pardon Army Sergeant convicted of murder in Black Lives Matter riot

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Saturday that he intends to seek a pardon for an Army Sergeant recently convicted of murder for shooting a Black Lives Matter protester during an anti-police demonstration in 2020.

"I am working as swiftly as Texas law allows regarding the pardon of Sgt. Perry," the Texas Republican tweeted Saturday along with a statement on how his office will go about a pardon.

Abbott said in his tweet that pardons in Texas must be recommended by the Board of Pardons and Paroles.

"I have made that request and instructed the board to expedite its review," Abbott said. ............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/greg-abbott-working-swiftly-pardon-army-sergeant-convicted-murder-black-lives-matter-riot
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

It doesn't need a pardon.
It needs an appeal.

This needs to be defeated.

Agreed.  The DA needs to be punished with loss of law license and prison time.  Take it up with the bar.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I would advise right of center types... if there are BLM riots in your area, stay away from them. No good can come of being caught up in them. And don't be posting on social media. I don't want to say don't arm yourself necessarily, but be in mind we're in a new era of American Justice (or the lack thereof). Don't ruin your life over something stupid.

Nah... Not here. Already happened in the thick of it... Found out the rednecks and the bikers were standing with the sheriffs and the local cops... And they had a van load of party favors... Some of em went to get em, and they got followed. So folks caught em at it, fixin to unload all that, and them fellas fell up a few staircases and were plumb wore out before the sheriffs got around...

And I wouldn't be surprised if they fell up a few more getting to the jail. No one I know got in any trouble.

They had a quiet demonstration uptown, tucked tail and ran back to Spokane...  :cool:

Offline roamer_1

Agreed.  The DA needs to be punished with loss of law license and prison time.  Take it up with the bar.

YEP. Nip this kind of thing right in the bud.

Offline Kamaji

Never going to happen.

Offline roamer_1

Never going to happen.

Oh, I don't know. It IS Texas.

Offline Mod2

Merged some threads and moved it all to Texas.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Nah... Not here. Already happened in the thick of it... Found out the rednecks and the bikers were standing with the sheriffs and the local cops... And they had a van load of party favors... Some of em went to get em, and they got followed. So folks caught em at it, fixin to unload all that, and them fellas fell up a few staircases and were plumb wore out before the sheriffs got around...

And I wouldn't be surprised if they fell up a few more getting to the jail. No one I know got in any trouble.

They had a quiet demonstration uptown, tucked tail and ran back to Spokane...  :cool:

I guess... hey Im all for it if true. Thing is we used to think this sort of thing wouldn't happen in Texas, and that got blown out of the water with this verdict.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It needs an appeal.

No kidding. DA needs to be disbarred and jailed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

I guess... hey Im all for it if true. Thing is we used to think this sort of thing wouldn't happen in Texas, and that got blown out of the water with this verdict.

Well, it IS Austin, right? I hear tell that don't count.  :whistle:

Offline LMAO

Not just right of center types. But anybody

Antifa and BLM are a protected class.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LadyLiberty

Hiding excupatory evidence is what got Mike Nifong thrown in jail, correct?

Also disbarred, civil lawsuits, etc.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Greg Abbott
@GregAbbott_TX

I am working as swiftly as Texas law allows regarding the pardon of Sgt. Perry.

3:06 PM · Apr 8, 2023

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
The guy basically said (the night he died) he was gonna point his gun at other folks because they were too bleep to do anything about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq99anptsmI
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'd be very, very, very concerned at the capricious and deliberate withholding of Brady Material at the prosecution's request. This amounts to a conspiracy to deprive the accused of a fundamental Civil Right. It is actionable under US law, criminally and civilly.

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sure, but that, found on appeal, automatically kicks the case on merits - Defeat. not pardon. THEN go after the DA all you want.

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Abbott "Working as Swiftly as Texas Law Allows" to Pardon Army Sergeant Convicted of Murdering BLM Rioter Wielding AK-47

AnnieOakley
·
·
Apr 9, 2023 · NottheBee.com

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is seeking a pardon for Army Sergeant Daniel Perry, who was convicted of murder yesterday for shooting and killing a Black Lives Matter rioter who was wielding an AK-47 during an anti-police protest in downtown Austin in July 2020. The murder case was brought forth, of course, by a Soros-backed district attorney.

The governor tweeted on Saturday that he was "working as swiftly as Texas law allows," and that pardons in Texas must be recommended by the Board of Pardons and Paroles. Abbott has also instructed the board to expedite its review so that he can sign the pardon once it reaches his desk.

Perry was driving for Uber and encountered the protesters, who were illegally blocking city streets that night. Among the protesters was Garrett Foster, who was carrying an AK-47. Perry's defense team says that the demonstrators encircled and started pounding on his vehicle, and that Foster raised the firearm at Perry, prompting him to open fire with the handgun he legally carried for self-defense. The Austin Police Department concluded that Perry acted in self-defense at the time.

https://notthebee.com/article/gov-abbott-seeks-to-pardon-army-sergeant-convicted-of-murder-in-blm-protester-shooting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The important message here is "Don't go pointing a gun at someone else unless you are willing to be shot by them."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The important message here is "Don't go pointing a gun at someone else unless you are willing to be shot by them."
Point an AK at me I take that as an imminent threat of severe bodily injury or death.

The man's response was appropriate.

What was not appropriate was the DA instructing detectives to omit Brady Material (exculpatory information) from their submissions to the grand jury.

IMHO, there would have been no indictment had that material been present.

Withholding Brady Material is unconstitutional, and to collude (conspire) to do so a violation of the accused's rights to Due Process under the Law.

Conspiracy to deprive someone of one or more Civil Rights under color of law is punishable under Untied States' law:
18 U.S.C. § 242
Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

This may call for a pardon of the man convicted, but it calls for prosecutions as well for the DA who 'requested' Brady Material be left out of investigator's reports and possibly for the investigator(s) as well. Of course, if they came forth and indicated they were under duress, perhaps the investigators could be granted immunity...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is no exaggeration to say groups like Antifa and BLM are the secret army of the left

@LMAO

IF true,that would be the worse-kept secret in the world.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Why is there no talk about an appeal of the conviction?  It seems to me that an appeal would be a slam-dunk, but all the talk has jumped immediately to a pardon by the governor. Why?
Let it burn.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It needs an appeal.

@roamer_1

I agree,but I also think that bogus arrests and charges like that MUST be shut down and the DA's that file the charges should be disbarred and given prison time.

The ONLY way this can happen and justice be served is to have him released on parole immediately,
and THEN file the charges and name him as a witness.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Never going to happen.

@Kamaji

Not in DC,or anywhere else in DC or on the left coast.

Too sad,and too true.

Or at least will never happen as long as the left remains in control of our judicial system.