Author Topic: China warns of ‘resolute countermeasures’ if McCarthy meets Taiwan president  (Read 397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 China warns of ‘resolute countermeasures’ if McCarthy meets Taiwan president
by Julia Shapero - 03/29/23 8:21 AM ET

China warned on Wednesday that it would take “resolute countermeasures” if Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) meets with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen as she passes through the U.S. during a trip to Central America.

“We firmly oppose this and will take resolute countermeasures,” Zhu Fenglian, a spokesperson for China’s Taiwan Affairs Office, said ahead of Tsai’s trip, according to The Associated Press.

Zhu also said the U.S. should “refrain from arranging Tsai Ing-wen’s transit visits and even contact with American officials, and take concrete actions to fulfill its solemn commitment not to support Taiwan independence.”

Reuters noted that Zhu added that if Tsai has contact with McCarthy, “it will be another provocation that seriously violates the one-China principle, harms China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, and destroys peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/3923453-china-warns-of-resolute-countermeasures-if-mccarthy-meets-taiwan-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

:yawn2: :yawn2:

So what are they going to do? Kill more fish with missiles like they did the last time?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ohh noooooooo's.....

Not more double secret probation. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

Ohh noooooooo's.....

Not more double secret probation.

I feel sorry for the fish they are going to kill.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Insidious and nefarious bourgeoisie capitalist pigs! We will bury you!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Release da Bahloooons!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.