Author Topic: Whoopi Goldberg: ‘We Need to Know’ What Guns Americans Own  (Read 2085 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whoopi Goldberg: ‘We Need to Know’ What Guns Americans Own

28 Mar 2023

Whoopi Goldberg told her co-hosts Tuesday on ABC’s “The View” that “we need to know” what guns Americans own.

Goldberg said, “Why are we compromising? You know what I’m tired of? I’m tired of trying to find a way to justify your being able to keep 75 guns in your house. I’m tired of trying to figure out a way to say, listen, we have rules and regulations. The Constitution is very clear. Scalia changed the meaning of what the Constitution says. Scalia changed it.”

She continued, “I have to have a license to drive. It’s not a compromise. We don’t discuss it. You either get a license, or you go to jail. So to me, you want to have 7o or 11 guns. We need to know that. We need to know what you got. Because you are now being painted with the same swab all the people who are killing people left and right with legal guns. We need to know what you got.”

Goldberg added, “I don’t have a tank. I can’t go and buy a tank.”

She concluded, “AR-15s have no use in normal daily life. None. Again, I don’t say give up all your guns. I don’t know that you have to have fifty of them, but maybe you do. But I want to know that you got them. I want to be sure that I’m aware of what’s going on in my periphery. If you’re not willing to do that, then we all have a problem. Telling people put armed guards in schools doesn’t work. Talk about Uvalde if you are not sure how that went down. Talk about what kids are dealing with. These are our kids. They may not be your kids, but they are my kids. They are somebody’s kids. What the hell?”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/28/whoopi-goldberg-we-need-to-know-what-guns-americans-own/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Whoopi Goldberg: ‘We Need to Know’ What Guns Americans Own
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 07:19:01 pm »
:facepalm2:

Scalia did not change the meaning of the Constitution.

And a comparison to a driver's license is inapposite because you do not have a Constitutional right to drive that "shall not be infringed".

The source of the problem, in a nutshell, Ms. Johnson, is the fact that you and your ilk have been catering to mental illness and facilitating its violent expression for decades now.  Stop execerbating the mentally ill, stop "affirming" their right to act out on their mental illness, and start reining in those aspects of mostly left-wing social policy that are encouraging this sort of behavior.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 07:21:02 pm by Kamaji »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 07:28:04 pm »
Sooo...what is in your closet Whoop T F**K?

Or is it you are privileged enough to have private security?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 07:37:35 pm »
Whoopie, what you don't know can't hurt you.  Trying to find out, might.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 07:40:47 pm »
Why do you need to know?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 07:42:43 pm »
Why do you need to know?

So she can be aware of what’s going on in her periphery.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 07:58:41 pm »
Quote from: from the OP
[Whoopi] She concluded, “AR-15s have no use in normal daily life. None." 

How is that for an ignorant city-dweller statement?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 08:24:12 pm »
Not surprising the huge bag of bloviating flatulence can't grasp the difference between a constitutional right and a privilege. Maybe we should demand licensing for huge bags of bloviating flatulence to exercise their first amendment rights?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 08:57:04 pm »
Pretty good, for an ignorant city dweller. Right on type.

Of all my firearms, the only one that has potential to be dangerous is the one (just one) in my hands.
As a rule, I'm not handling any most of the time.

It really doesn't matter how many a person possesses.
At most (and I've tried it and it would take a LOT of practice) shooting two pistols at the same time is about as far as you're going to go (unless you have one of those quad or twin mount .50 setups, but those are really rare). 

Because the vast majority of firearms are handled one at a time (unlike all that Hollywood stuff of having half a dozen slung every which way, or a pistol in every pocket), if I have four or four hundred, it is no matter for Miz Whoopie to concern herself with.

(AND, unless she's pissed all that money she made away buying things like mansions for Communists, she likely COULD afford a Tank. (Provided she could clear the background check).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 08:58:51 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 09:11:01 pm »
Sorry Whoopie.....

There was the terrible boat accident I had in 1996, and dad gum it, they were lost.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 11:42:16 pm »
Pretty good, for an ignorant city dweller. Right on type.

Of all my firearms, the only one that has potential to be dangerous is the one (just one) in my hands.
As a rule, I'm not handling any most of the time.

It really doesn't matter how many a person possesses.
At most (and I've tried it and it would take a LOT of practice) shooting two pistols at the same time is about as far as you're going to go (unless you have one of those quad or twin mount .50 setups, but those are really rare). 

Because the vast majority of firearms are handled one at a time (unlike all that Hollywood stuff of having half a dozen slung every which way, or a pistol in every pocket), if I have four or four hundred, it is no matter for Miz Whoopie to concern herself with.

(AND, unless she's pissed all that money she made away buying things like mansions for Communists, she likely COULD afford a Tank. (Provided she could clear the background check).

And 'AR-15' and 'Assault Rifle', as I am sure you know, are code for anything semi-auto and clip fed... and anything that can be altered to hold more than 8 rounds.

That's dang near everything I own. my .22LR holds more than 8 rounds. my .45ACPs will take a long clip... My Remington 700s are clip capable, and also can take a long clip. Hell, even my 45/70 can be altered to get eight in the tube and one in the chamber (I could be wrong about that, I don't remember exactly... 8 or 9 I think)...

And while you or I know an AR-15 ain't any much different than any semi-auto clip-fed, with that in mind, why would I NEEEED one?

Well I dang near bought one in .243 (IIRC) for a coyote gun.
Anyone who has ever called coyotes in will know, you will often get the whole pack, and you have precious little time to get as many as you can. So naturally a semi-auto clip-fed greatly improves your chances of substantial success.

And you would probably know that after success, you won't get a second chance very easy.

Every gun I own does a job. Or it is important enough to have more than one as reserve.

So in every facet of her statement, she is spewing nothing but ignorance, born of never having her foot off the sidewalk.

It frustrates me.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 11:47:12 pm »
Why don't you tell the truth Goldbutt, you want to make it where you (fellow leftist) can easily take guns from good people that you don't like. If you can't do that, you want to advertise for thieves to easily locate places to rob. You want to break so many rational barriers because you hate that folks can defend themselves from the anarchy you want to sweep the nation while you use your money to hire people to keep you safe. Whoopie wants it where normal fly over folks can't arm their families if times get rough, she wants Urban thugs to have free reign. You can bet, take away her bodyguard and you can bet she would find a way to own a gun (and I bet she already hypocritically does, just like that anti-gun lady did a week or so ago when she shot at kids in her pool).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 11:52:06 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 12:08:50 am »
I remember a video interview of Whoopie taken way over 10 years ago that was done in her rural farm  house in,I THINK,Pa.

What I found most interesting was the 12 guage pump shotgun that could be seen propped up in a kitchen corner behind her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 12:13:53 am »
I remember a video interview of Whoopie taken way over 10 years ago that was done in her rural farm  house in,I THINK,Pa.

What I found most interesting was the 12 guage pump shotgun that could be seen propped up in a kitchen corner behind her.

Nice to know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2023, 12:14:03 am »

@roamer_1

"She concluded, “AR-15s have no use in normal daily life." Whoopie

Well,they don't. A shotgun would be a better choice.

None of which means that AR's should be banned  or require ANY sort of special permit.

If someone misuses their AR,take them to court,and if they are found guilty of murder or attemped murder,lock their asses up.

This ain't real complex. It is so simple that even someone like Whoopie should be able to understand it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2023, 12:16:27 am »
Sooo...what is in your closet Whoop T F**K?

@bigheadfred

According to one video interview of her that I have seen,at least one 12 gauge pump shotgun,but that was years,maybe decades ago,so who knows what she has now?

Or is it you are privileged enough to have private security?

She is even privileged enough it is ok for HER to have guns.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2023, 12:39:46 am »

Think that was an episode of Bagdad Cafe (90s series).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2023, 01:58:44 am »
@roamer_1

"She concluded, “AR-15s have no use in normal daily life." Whoopie

Well,they don't. A shotgun would be a better choice.

None of which means that AR's should be banned  or require ANY sort of special permit.

If someone misuses their AR,take them to court,and if they are found guilty of murder or attemped murder,lock their asses up.

This ain't real complex. It is so simple that even someone like Whoopie should be able to understand it.

@sneakypete
In my example above, calling in coyotes, a shotgun won't do sh*t. you won't get them close enough to use it. and even if you do, even if you are a badass, you likely wouldn't get more than two or three, and will have lost the chance, because they won't come a'runnin the next time.

No, a semi-auto clip-fed rifle of some caliber bigger than a .22 is called for, which is why I was looking at an AR in .243.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2023, 02:23:53 am »
@sneakypete
In my example above, calling in coyotes, a shotgun won't do sh*t. you won't get them close enough to use it.

@roamer_1

I have no doubt you are right about this,but you might be surprised by the small number of people that call coyotes into range so they can shoot them.

Not that it matters because NONE of us should EVER be compelled by ANY government agency to "justify" why we want to own/possess  ANY firearm,with the exception of convicted felons. Even then,it's kind of a BS thing because IF the crime/crimes they committed were so serious they would need permission to buy/own/possess a firearm,WTH  are they being let out of jail?

I PERSONALLY know more than a few people who possess oddball/obsolete firearms they have never shot,or ever intend on shooting. WTH would these people,who have NO known  criminal records be required to justify their owndership of said firearms?

I honestly don't know how many guns I have because I have never counted them,and the total number doesn't matter,anyhow. What matters is I have owned a firearm for almost 70  years now,and have never shot or even pointed any  of them at anyone because a situation where this would be required never happened,and because I have ZERO interest in shooting anyone or ANY living creature that is not a threat to me or mine.

The part in bold above is in bold BECAUSE it is,or should be,such an obvious basic truth about probably 99 percent of the people who own/possess firearms. If it wasn't,we would be reading about mass shootings all over the country every day.

EVERYBODY that ALL of us know has knives in their homes,and knives are just as capable of killing people as a gun,and given how much longer people have been making and carrying knives,going back to the cave men and their flint knives,how come there is no huge public outcry for knife control? Especially since more people in history  have been killed with knives than has ever been killed by firearms.

The answer is that neither guns nor knives are dangerous unless they are in the possession of dangerous people who want to use them for criminal purposes.

Why shouldn't the same standard apply to  firearms?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2023, 06:16:01 am »
@roamer_1

I have no doubt you are right about this,but you might be surprised by the small number of people that call coyotes into range so they can shoot them.

@sneakypete

Maybe not so many people, but over a vast amount of geography in Rural America, it is a common thing. And not only for livestock's sake... If yotes get out of hand you'll see native animals disappearing at a frightening rate. They suck eggs too, so even ducks and upland birds...

Controlling varmints is a big deal. And that's without feral pigs, dogs and cats...

And that's without my own more special case, where we still have griz, and black bear and wolves, and cougars, and wolverines along with the regular varmints.

You'd have to be an idiot to walk these woods without some serious heat.
I'll tell you what... you'd be damn happy to be walking around with a big bore semi rifle or semi shotgun in griz country.

And all that WITHOUT even approaching Hoomin varmints.

Not that it matters because NONE of us should EVER be compelled by ANY government agency to "justify" why we want to own/possess  ANY firearm,with the exception of convicted felons. Even then,it's kind of a BS thing because IF the crime/crimes they committed were so serious they would need permission to buy/own/possess a firearm,WTH  are they being let out of jail?

I have said much the same for a long time. I have several (bordering on many) friends who are good ol boys that kicked their heels a little too high in their yoot (there but for the grace of God go I) and wound up with a criminal felony. And for a dumb mistake in their past that may be nothing more than a bar fight that went too far, they can't have a firearm, can't protect themselves and their family, can't hunt but by bow, and can't live by subsistence, which is still a big thing out here (living off the woods)

It ain't right. Maybe it should require some hoops to jump through... Maybe a judge has to sign off. But a guy should not be paying his whole life for a crime where he long ago paid his dues, and has kept his nose clean.

I PERSONALLY know more than a few people who possess oddball/obsolete firearms they have never shot,or ever intend on shooting. WTH would these people,who have NO known  criminal records be required to justify their owndership of said firearms?

[/quote]

Agreed. I also have no problem with folks building their own. And I know several that do - masters of that craft. I could do that too... I may not have the knack, but I am a competent machinist. Though I ain't native to it with guns...  They are a tool to me and nothing more.

I honestly don't know how many guns I have because I have never counted them,and the total number doesn't matter,anyhow. What matters is I have owned a firearm for almost 70  years now,and have never shot or even pointed any  of them at anyone because a situation where this would be required never happened,and because I have ZERO interest in shooting anyone or ANY living creature that is not a threat to me or mine.

I dunno either right off.
I ain't got many kinds. I focused on repetition of type. For instance, my reach-out-and-touch-someone gear is all Rem model 700 and I carry 7mm mag and 300 win mag, for different purposes.... And I have 3 caches storing each. Those caches have a replication of all the stuff I use.  And not that I am a weirdo - I have just been caught out in the sticks far enough that making for a cache would be easier than getting back to town. And that works well for if SHTF too, anyway.

The part in bold above is in bold BECAUSE it is,or should be,such an obvious basic truth about probably 99 percent of the people who own/possess firearms. If it wasn't,we would be reading about mass shootings all over the country every day.

Same, though I dare say I get crossed with varmints more than you have. But generally I am live and let live for that which ain't a trouble, unless for culling to ease the land.

Except gophers. And coyotes. And maybe coons and skunks.

EVERYBODY that ALL of us know has knives in their homes,and knives are just as capable of killing people as a gun,and given how much longer people have been making and carrying knives,going back to the cave men and their flint knives,how come there is no huge public outcry for knife control? Especially since more people in history  have been killed with knives than has ever been killed by firearms.

The answer is that neither guns nor knives are dangerous unless they are in the possession of dangerous people who want to use them for criminal purposes.

Why shouldn't the same standard apply to  firearms?

That's right. Either way, they are nothing but tools. And I would have the same thing to say about knives. I carry a big ol bowie and a camp knife pretty well wherever I go - count a multi-tool, a big folding blade, and a wicked little penknife (sliver gitter)... all in my EDC, not to mention what is in my gobag. Off the top of my head, in full woods mode, I probably have 10 knives on me of one kind or another and an axe and hatchet.. And NONE of it is a threat or designed to be a threat unless driven to it. Guns are the same thing.

:beer:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2023, 08:55:02 am »
@sneakypete

I have said much the same for a long time. I have several (bordering on many) friends who are good ol boys that kicked their heels a little too high in their yoot (there but for the grace of God go I) and wound up with a criminal felony. And for a dumb mistake in their past that may be nothing more than a bar fight that went too far, they can't have a firearm, can't protect themselves and their family, can't hunt but by bow, and can't live by subsistence, which is still a big thing out here (living off the woods)

It ain't right. Maybe it should require some hoops to jump through... Maybe a judge has to sign off. But a guy should not be paying his whole life for a crime where he long ago paid his dues, and has kept his nose clean.

@roamer_1

I couldn't agree more. As you implied,"There I go,but for the grace of whatever." I suspect it is a rare adult male that hasn't stepped "over a legal line" a time or two in his youth,but was lucky enough to not have been caught,or in many cases,cut a break by a local sheriff or deputy  that understands what it's like to be young and stupid.

I am clearly NOT talking about violent felonies,here,although this WOULD apply to SOME violent felonies,depending on how the LEO and/or the judge looked at it.

I ain't got many kinds. I focused on repetition of type. For instance, my reach-out-and-touch-someone gear is all Rem model 700 and I carry 7mm mag and 300 win mag, for different purposes.... And I have 3 caches storing each. Those caches have a replication of all the stuff I use.  And not that I am a weirdo - I have just been caught out in the sticks far enough that making for a cache would be easier than getting back to town. And that works well for if SHTF too, anyway.

Can't argue with any of that.

Same, though I dare say I get crossed with varmints more than you have. But generally I am live and let live for that which ain't a trouble, unless for culling to ease the land.

Except gophers. And coyotes. And maybe coons and skunks.

The only animals I have personally put down since the mid-60's has been a couple of rabid racoons. Which was a mercy killing more than anything else. I really am a "live and  let live guy" as long as I am not seriously threatened.

That's right. Either way, they are nothing but tools.

True.

And I would have the same thing to say about knives.

I have carried a pocket knife ever since I was maybe 10 years old. Maybe even younger. I don't even consider them a weapon,just another tool that CAN,if pushed and desperate,be used as a weapon. If a cop asked me "Do you have any weapons on you?",I would honestly  say  "No" if all I had was a pocket knife. Then again,my pocket knives tend to run more towards "3 blade folders" than Buck knives.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2023, 03:00:23 pm »
The only animals I have personally put down since the mid-60's has been a couple of rabid racoons. Which was a mercy killing more than anything else. I really am a "live and  let live guy" as long as I am not seriously threatened.

@sneakypete
So you don't have chickens then...
 :laugh:

Gophers because of horses. I have had to put horses down for stepping in a gopher hole. Yotes more generally. They are probably the top level predator affecting most ranches. At least down here in the valley. Certainly the most prolific. So they are a constant pressure.

BUT, I leave em be if they don't become a problem. Same philosophy as you, but with critters to protect... Which is a live-wire draw, so I needfully have more action.

I am all gimped up, but last year, I took at least three coons, and I dunno how many skunks by gun or trap trying to get at the coop. That's the most of it anymore.

Then again,my pocket knives tend to run more towards "3 blade folders" than Buck knives.

I have carried a penknife and a Schrade/Uncle Henry Papa Bear, which is about a 4" folding knife since Hector was a pup. That schrade is the working knife. It's the one that gets the most general use, and the one I have to sharpen the most, maybe by double or more. It gets beat up bad, and the camp knife takes quite a bit of hit. Probably second most sharpened. The bowie gets used, but I try pretty hard to leave that edge sharp.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2023, 03:11:15 pm »
Whoopi, criminals aren't going to comply with your wishes and dictates on any level.

You just want the guns of law abiding citizens who oppose your jackboot political beliefs.
The Republic is lost.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2023, 06:34:00 pm »
@sneakypete
So you don't have chickens then...
 :laugh:

@roamer_1

No,and you couldn't give me any,either.

Gophers because of horses. I have had to put horses down for stepping in a gopher hole. Yotes more generally. They are probably the top level predator affecting most ranches. At least down here in the valley. Certainly the most prolific. So they are a constant pressure.

It was claimed that we had a few coyotes around here,but I never saw one. The latest on that is they have all been  killed off or moved on to somewhere with a better food supply.

BUT, I leave em be if they don't become a problem. Same philosophy as you, but with critters to protect... Which is a live-wire draw, so I needfully have more action.

Well,anything I catch trying to kill one of my housecats has a death wish,be it animal or what passes for a human these days,but since I think most of them would now be insulted if I opened a door and tried to get them to go  outside,it doesn't seem  likely that is going to happen.

I am all gimped up, but last year, I took at least three coons, and I dunno how many skunks by gun or trap trying to get at the coop. That's the most of it anymore.

"Golden years",my big red ass!

I have carried a penknife and a Schrade/Uncle  Henry.

The knives of my  childhood.

Sad to say,I use razor knives now.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2023, 07:35:36 pm »
Goldberg added, “I don’t have a tank. I can’t go and buy a tank.”
Is this true? Does some law prevent one from buying a tank?

Oh, Whoopie? I own no guns. All lost in an unfortunate boating accident that occurred around Jan. 20, 2021.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org