General Category > Second Amendment

Whoopi Goldberg: ‘We Need to Know’ What Guns Americans Own

<< < (6/6)

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on March 29, 2023, 07:35:36 pm ---Is this true? Does some law prevent one from buying a tank?

Oh, Whoopie? I own no guns. All lost in an unfortunate boating accident that occurred around Jan. 20, 2021.

--- End quote ---

@mountaineer

Nope!

You would need a special permit from the BATF if you wanted to own a tank that is complete with the cannon and machine guns,but if you can afford to buy and have a tank shipped to you,you can certainly afford to buy those extras at the same time.

Hell of a lot of money to spend on something you have no actual use for,though. You can buy/have build wooden "dummy" guns and end up with the same look while saving a TON of money. AFAIK,that,or having the original cannon and  MG breeches and bores welded up  so they are not functional is what I suspect most people do because,after all,how often in life does the average American citizen really  NEED or USE a freaking cannon or a belt-fed machine gun?

BTW,the typical tank had two machine guns. One 30 cal in the base,and a 50 cal mounted on the  turret. We are talking some serious money would have to be spent to put it all in firing condition.

Also,AFAIK,almost every collector that owns  one spends  extra money  to buy "road treads" for the roller wheels so they can legally drive them on the roads. The original steel treads would tear up the highway.

BTW,I am referencing FEDERAL Laws here,not state laws. For all I know,it may be illegal for a private individual to  own ANY of that  stuff in some states.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 29, 2023, 09:41:47 pm ---@mountaineer

Nope!

You would need a special permit from the BATF if you wanted to own a tank that is complete with the cannon and machine guns,but if you can afford to buy and have a tank shipped to you,you can certainly afford to buy those extras at the same time.

Hell of a lot of money to spend on something you have no actual use for,though. You can buy/have build wooden "dummy" guns and end up with the same look while saving a TON of money. AFAIK,that,or having the original cannon and  MG breeches and bores welded up  so they are not functional is what I suspect most people do because,after all,how often in life does the average American citizen really  NEED or USE a freaking cannon or a belt-fed machine gun?

BTW,the typical tank had two machine guns. One 30 cal in the base,and a 50 cal mounted on the  turret. We are talking some serious money would have to be spent to put it all in firing condition.

Also,AFAIK,almost every collector that owns  one spends  extra money  to buy "road treads" for the roller wheels so they can legally drive them on the roads. The original steel treads would tear up the highway.

BTW,I am referencing FEDERAL Laws here,not state laws. For all I know,it may be illegal for a private individual to  own ANY of that  stuff in some states.

--- End quote ---
Road weight limits would probably cause more problems than anything else.

I'd go for an armored car, though... I remember when the British Ferrets were selling cheap.

mountaineer:
Naah, I can't afford the fuel for a tank nor an armored car. I'll stick with my Chevy truck.

mountaineer:
Hey Whoop-de-do, what do you think about persons of color legally owning guns and defending themselves with them? Do they have no rights?
--- Quote ---Gun-Toting Texas Grandma Pumps Scumbag Armed Robber Full Of Lead During Food Truck Stickup
by Joe Kinsey
 March 30, 2023, 10:50 am  updated March 30, 2023, 10:57 am   
Outkick

A 23-year-old scumbag robber picked the wrong food truck to rob Tuesday when he was shot and killed by a grandma who was legally carrying and ready to fight back.

Keshondra Turner, 53, was just trying to sling some good food Tuesday afternoon when the would-be robber pulled up in his truck and asked what she was serving for lunch. After being shown the day’s selection, the scumbag pulled a gun on her and demanded her cash, which was estimated to be somewhere around $40.

According to Houston police, Turner closed her food truck window, but the low-life re-opened the window, stuck a gun in and pointed it at the grandmother and tried to fire a shot, but the gun jammed.

That’s when Turner pulled her own licensed firearm and started blasting. The suspect made it approximately 50 feet away from the food truck where he collapsed and was declared dead at the scene.  ...
--- End quote ---

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on March 30, 2023, 03:27:26 pm ---Hey Whoop-de-do, what do you think about persons of color legally owning guns and defending themselves with them? Do they have no rights?

--- End quote ---
Whoopi probably thinks grandma should be prosecuted for murder because she shot the piece of excrement after his gun jammed and he was no longer a threat(just trying to get in the bloviating sack of flatulence's head).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version