Author Topic: New: Federal judge orders Pence to testify about J6 conversations with Trump  (Read 831 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

New: Federal judge orders Pence to testify about J6 conversations with Trump
CNN 1:40 PM on March 28, 2023

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1640764550294241302

[Expect this to get appealed. I’m skeptical about exec-privilege claims from former presidents, but this comes closest to the core issue involved. This will eventually get settled by the Supreme Court, I’d bet. — Ed]

https://hotair.com/headlines/2023/03/28/new-federal-judge-orders-pence-to-testify-about-j6-conversations-with-trump-n540084
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

New: Federal judge orders Pence to testify about J6 conversations with Trump
CNN 1:40 PM on March 28, 2023

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1640764550294241302

[Expect this to get appealed. I’m skeptical about exec-privilege claims from former presidents, but this comes closest to the core issue involved. This will eventually get settled by the Supreme Court, I’d bet. — Ed]

https://hotair.com/headlines/2023/03/28/new-federal-judge-orders-pence-to-testify-about-j6-conversations-with-trump-n540084
So one candidate is testifying against another candidate?  Well this should be interesting.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Some asshat judge is seriously trying to order a Former VP to testify against the President he served under?

How the HELL can that be legal?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Some asshat judge is seriously trying to order a Former VP to testify against the President he served under?

@sneakypete

Yeah, if this isn't Executive Privilege, then what is? Were all the previous court cases wrong?

Sounds like this judge is passing the buck and sending it up the chain.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Yeah, if this isn't Executive Privilege, then what is? Were all the previous court cases wrong?

Sounds like this judge is passing the buck and sending it up the chain.

@Free Vulcan

And that right there is cause for him to be removed from the bench.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

Neither the Presidency Nor The Vice Presidency are positions which nullify responsiblity for illegal behavior.

Donald Trump is neither Royalty Nor Prelate.

Offline Kamaji

Neither the Presidency Nor The Vice Presidency are positions which nullify responsiblity for illegal behavior.

The question is to what extent does executive privilege apply.  The judge appears to have concluded that it does not.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Meshuge Mikey

I hate  to break it to you bubba,but it is illegal to force a President or a VP to testify against one another. You can huff and puff all you want,but that isn't going to change.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

as nether donna  twump nor pence  are  in office that may be..... a moot point ya think??

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
maybe mike can take the fifth??

Offline Kamaji

as nether donna  twump nor pence  are  in office that may be..... a moot point ya think??

Doesn't it depend on when the conversation or actions about which he is to testify took place?

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Doesn't it depend on when the conversation or actions about which he is to testify took place?

im not a lawyer but i doubt that any judge.would no tknow......the law>???? having access to all those WEST law books

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Conspiring to enact a seditious coup de etat is not a formal Constitutional duty of President and Vice President.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@MeshugeMikey

No,because what they are being questioned about was something that happened while they were in office.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Conspiring to enact a seditious coup de etat is not a formal Constitutional duty of President and Vice President.

@DefiantMassRINO

And,of course,you were sitting in the Oval Office with  then while they were discussing this,right?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Have been wondering where do you celebrate your birthday...now that Chucky Cheese is closed??  :pondering:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

im not a lawyer but i doubt that any judge.would no tknow......the law>???? having access to all those WEST law books

I am quite certain that the mere possession of, or access to, law books does not render a judge's decisions correct 100% of the time.  Do you?

Offline Kamaji

Both the claim of conspiracy, and the characterization of a "seditious coup d'etat" are legal conclusions, not statements of fact.  Unless there is evidence that they discussed such things eo nomine, a presumption of executive privilege would most likely apply.

Furthermore, the point of things like executive privilege is, primarily, to shelter from public display precisely those sorts of discussions that don't lead to actions, but which might have involved discussions of misconduct.

It's like the First Amendment - the First Amendment doesn't exist primarily to protect "nice" speech that all and sundry can agree is acceptable; it exists primarily to protect from punishment those whose speech is considered "bad" speech by the majority.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

@DefiantMassRINO

And,of course,you were sitting in the Oval Office with  then while they were discussing this,right?

I watched it live on TV.  I waited 187 minutes for Trump to belatedly tell the "tourists" to leave in peace, after it was obvious that the putsch was going to fail.

Here's a link to the January 6th Putsch Powerpoint present/discussed at the White House on January 5th:
https://wehco.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/news/documents/2021/12/11/voter-fraud.pdf

They released the Kraken, but the Kraken was defeated that day.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

Have been wondering where do you celebrate your birthday...now that Chucky Cheese is closed??  :pondering:

some moron posted that some lame line to me back in 1994 0r 95

keep your other day slack

support your malignant perrenially six year old  goofball father figure it matters not to ne 

I can get you a great deal of DE PROGAMMING when you feel the time is right

keep that in mind

no comment on my box of crayons???

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

keep the wall of denial up.......sure sure the donnys as  sane as anyone and will be lever by a YUGE Margin

and his devottees are all STABLE GENIUSES

hes knows Margins Hes Gt the BEST MARGINS!!!

Ask Me About Discount Deprogramming....at MAGANON.com