Author Topic: Train carrying ethanol derails, forcing evacuations in Minnesota  (Read 303 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Train carrying ethanol derails, forcing evacuations in Minnesota
by Stephen Neukam - 03/30/23 8:48 AM ET

A train carrying ethanol derailed in a southwest Minnesota town on Thursday, causing a number of cars to burst into flames and prompting evacuations of residents in the area, authorities said.

The BNSF Railway train derailment was reported to police in Kandiyohi County at around 1 a.m. local time on Thursday, the sheriff’s office said in a statement. The train derailed just inside the city of Raymond, with authorities determining that some of the cars were carrying ethanol and corn syrup.

Police establish an evacuation zone of a half mile, asking people to leave their homes and providing shelter in a nearby town. Police said there were no injuries as a result of the crash or the emergency response and that BNSF personnel were on the ground to help with the scene. No travel was advised to the city, police said.

While police said “numerous” train cars derailed, BNSF said in a statement that it was about 22 cars that derailed. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg told CNN that about 14 of those cars were carrying hazardous materials. Buttigieg said on Twitter that the Federal Railroad Administration was on the ground in the town.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3925546-train-carrying-ethanol-derails-forcing-evacuations-in-minnesota/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Train carrying ethanol derails, forcing evacuations in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 01:39:16 pm »
Paging Pothole Pete. 

"Well, on a train, I met a dame
She rather handsome, we kinda looked the same"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 01:55:35 pm »
 ////00000////

Calling Pothole Pete ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 02:07:13 pm »
Pete's having a bad year.  He is set to star in the remake of "Plains, Trains and Automobiles."  Heavy emphasis on the "Those aren't pillows" scene, and other explosions.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 03:14:16 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org