General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Biden to veto Republican energy permitting bill, White House says

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
Biden to veto Republican energy permitting bill, White House says
Story by By Kanishka Singh and Katharine Jackson • Yesterday 12:42 PM

By Kanishka Singh, Katharine Jackson and Timothy Gardner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. President Joe Biden would veto a Republican energy legislation package if it were to pass Congress, citing cost increases that the legislation could lead to, the White House said on Monday.

"H.R. 1 (Lower Energy Costs Act) would double the cost of energy efficiency upgrades that families need to reduce household bills and would repeal the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund that will cut energy costs and boost economic development in rural and urban communities across the country," the White House said.

"Therefore, if presented to the president in its current form, he would veto it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-to-veto-republican-energy-permitting-bill-white-house-says/ar-AA198iL2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e74889bd39694f8eb4682b41a79d80c6&ei=25

catfish1957:
In other news....  water's wet.

What a dip shit.

LMAO:
If I needed surgery, I would see a surgeon

If my car needed work, I would take it to a mechanic

If I had a question about stocks, I would visit a broker

If I was curious about energy, I would read publications on the subject or converse with an expert in the field

I would never go to a politician for any of this. Yet, our energy policy is currently being implemented by people who don’t even have the rudimentary idea how it works

DefiantMassRINO:
Give us some oil wells, pipelines, and refineries, and we'll give you wind turbines, solar panels, and contempt.

andy58-in-nh:

--- Quote from: LMAO on March 28, 2023, 06:35:01 pm ---If I needed surgery, I would see a surgeon

If my car needed work, I would take it to a mechanic

If I had a question about stocks, I would visit a broker

If I was curious about energy, I would read publications on the subject or converse with an expert in the field

I would never go to a politician for any of this. Yet, our energy policy is currently being implemented by people who don’t even have the rudimentary idea how it works

--- End quote ---

Absolutely correct.

Now, if I wanted to rob banks... then I'd go to a politician.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version