Author Topic: Where is the GOP’s election litigation team for the 2024 election?  (Read 467 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 28, 2023
Where is the GOP’s election litigation team for the 2024 election?
By Michael Bertolone

Say what you will about the Democratic Party’s election shenanigans, especially in the last two elections, but they did assemble an effective election litigation team for the 2020 presidential election. The Dems’ team, led by former Perkins Coie attorney Marc Elias, caught Republicans flat-footed and scored an impressive courtroom record. Of 64 cases, Elias won all but one minor case, which was later overturned in his favor. These cases were crucial in securing “President” Joe Biden’s “victory.” Also, in 2020, Elias founded the group Democracy Docket to continue the legal assault on sound and secure voting practices. In 2021, Elias left Perkins Coie to start his own law firm, the Elias Law Group.

The pathetic Republican legal response in 2020 was akin to combating a nuclear warhead with a fly swatter. As a result, we now have Dementia Joe stocking the federal judiciary with judges who can’t define a woman and are ignorant of the U.S. Constitution, as shown by Sen. John Kennedy’s line of questioning in confirmation hearings. Incredibly, one judicial candidate was completely unfamiliar with the definition of a Brady motion.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/where_is_the_gops_election_litigation_team_for_the_2024_election.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Where is the GOP’s election litigation team for the 2024 election?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 10:27:06 pm »
They don't plan on having one.

Because they want to see Mr. Trump beaten, and they don't care what collateral damage will be involved.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 10:32:43 pm »
They are busy re-litigating the 2020 and 2022 elections.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 11:21:00 pm »

Because they want to see Mr. Trump beaten, and they don't care what collateral damage will be involved.
Why the heck would they need one, since Trump will be decimated in the general.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 07:38:33 pm »

Nailed It :yowsa:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 07:42:20 pm »
Why would you be hiring that many lawyers this far before the election?
@Kamaji

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 08:35:34 pm »
Why would you be hiring that many lawyers this far before the election?
@Kamaji

Were it me, I would want to start assembling my cadre of election lawyers to form the core of what will ultimately become the body of lawyers available at the time of the election to go out and seek to enforce proper election law.

It may be a year before the election, but it will take time to build up that body of lawyers, canvass the various legal issues and challenges that will be faced, and start preparing training materials to bring the rank-and-file attorneys up to speed when necessary.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 08:37:27 pm »
You lock up the lawyers now, to disallow the other side access to them.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 10:37:49 pm »
Major Bill wrote:
"Why would you be hiring that many lawyers this far before the election?"

Do you not believe that The Party isn't already planning and laying out its underground (and above-ground) election apparatus for 2024 ?

They intend to control the election in the states that will actually make a difference (there are only about 7-10 of them). They already have two successfully-controlled elections under their belt. Going to strike out the Pubbies in '24...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 12:51:48 am »
Major Bill wrote:
"Why would you be hiring that many lawyers this far before the election?"

Do you not believe that The Party isn't already planning and laying out its underground (and above-ground) election apparatus for 2024 ?

If you mean the Republican Party, the answer is yes.   I believe there already are national counsel and counsel in most states targeted for elections.  I'm not sure why people assume there aren't.

But the party itself isn't going to hire and begin paying state-based counsel now on a full-time basis.

Election contests are a bit different, and I do know some firms backed out of tentative arrangements to represent Trump in 2020.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:59:04 am by Maj. Bill Martin »