Author Topic: Why Vote GOP?  (Read 595 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Vote GOP?
« on: March 28, 2023, 02:44:10 pm »
March 28, 2023
Why Vote GOP?
By Brian C. Joondeph

Following the news and politics of the day, I often ask myself rhetorically, “Why vote GOP?”  Hillary Clinton claimed during the Benghazi hearings, a deadly disaster over which she presided, “What difference… does it make?” One could say the same about voting for Republicans, at least at a Congressional, and in some cases gubernatorial level.

I asked this question on these pages on August 2021. At the time I bemoaned the fact that during President Donald Trump’s first two years in office, Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress, and accomplished little.

Despite lofty campaign promises in 2016, they squandered their majority in opposition to their party’s leader, President Trump, simply because elected Republicans were part of “the big club” and Trump wasn’t in it.

Obamacare was not repealed, Planned Parenthood remained funded. Benghazi and Hillary Clinton’s emails were not seriously investigated, while fully fabricated Russian collusion dossiers, paid for by the Clinton campaign hamstrung the first years of the Trump administration. Most elected Republicans sat on their hands and thereby condoned the Trump witch hunt.

The border wall was not funded, as the GOP Congress felt it was more important to kiss the boots of the Chamber of Congress and donor class than respect the wishes of Republican voters who elected Trump to “build the wall” and “drain the swamp”.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/03/why_vote_gop_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Why Vote GOP?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 03:00:45 pm »
Good points when the 1st orange leaning briefer chides us with their silly "binary choice" argument like they did in '16.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 08:24:47 pm »
March 28, 2023
Why Vote GOP?
By Brian C. Joondeph

Following the news and politics of the day, I often ask myself rhetorically, “Why vote GOP?”  Hillary Clinton claimed during the Benghazi hearings, a deadly disaster over which she presided, “What difference… does it make?” One could say the same about voting for Republicans, at least at a Congressional, and in some cases gubernatorial level.

I asked this question on these pages on August 2021. At the time I bemoaned the fact that during President Donald Trump’s first two years in office, Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress, and accomplished little.

Despite lofty campaign promises in 2016, they squandered their majority in opposition to their party’s leader, President Trump, simply because elected Republicans were part of “the big club” and Trump wasn’t in it.

Obamacare was not repealed, Planned Parenthood remained funded. Benghazi and Hillary Clinton’s emails were not seriously investigated, while fully fabricated Russian collusion dossiers, paid for by the Clinton campaign hamstrung the first years of the Trump administration. Most elected Republicans sat on their hands and thereby condoned the Trump witch hunt.

The border wall was not funded, as the GOP Congress felt it was more important to kiss the boots of the Chamber of Congress and donor class than respect the wishes of Republican voters who elected Trump to “build the wall” and “drain the swamp”.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/03/why_vote_gop_.html

Then nominate more conservative Republicans in the primaries.

The problem isn't "the party".   The problem is that the electorate overall isn't as conservative as some of us wish it was.  Blaming the "GOPe" doesn't solve that underlying issue.  It's just a manufactured scapegoat so that people can maintain their fantasy of a "silent majority".

"Oh, conservatives are really a majority of voters.  All we have to do is destroy "the GOPe" and everything will be great.   When of course, the real problem are all those people who choose to vote for Republicans that are "GOPe" rather than voting for conservatives.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 08:30:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online berdie

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 09:27:22 pm »

The problem isn't "the party".   The problem is that the electorate overall isn't as conservative as some of us wish it was.  Blaming the "GOPe" doesn't solve that underlying issue.  It's just a manufactured scapegoat so that people can maintain their fantasy of a "silent majority".

"Oh, conservatives are really a majority of voters.  All we have to do is destroy "the GOPe" and everything will be great.   When of course, the real problem are all those people who choose to vote for Republicans that are "GOPe" rather than voting for conservatives.

I agree. But sadly, there are a lot of states that won't vote for a real conservative even if they vote Republican. I think that is true on the East/West coasts. There are some Rs elected, but not conservative.

I know I will be disagreed with...but I think Reagan was right when he said "I'd rather have someone that votes with me 80% of the time than someone who votes against me 100% of the time."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 09:31:03 pm by berdie »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 10:15:04 pm »
I registered Republican in 1989 when I turned 18.

I had the options of registering Dem - the party of Jimmy Carter and Michael Dukakis, or registering GOP - the party of Ronald Reagan and Bill Weld.

The GOP produced positive results for most.  GOP was strong and competent.  GOP defeated the USSR.

The Dems stole from most to benefit a few chosen by the Government.  Dems were weak and inept.  Dems were sympathetic to Soviet satellite insurgents in Central America.

There was real constrast between the GOP and Dems.

Now, there is contrast of high-profile wedge issues, but Dems and GOP are both parties of Bigger Government and Globalist Hollowing-out of America's Manufacturing, Technology, Medical, and Intellectual Property competitive advantages for the benefit  of the Chinese Communist Party.

Winner and losers are supposed to be determined via fair competition, not Big Government choosing the winners.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 12:18:51 am »
I registered Republican in 1989 when I turned 18.

I had the options of registering Dem - the party of Jimmy Carter and Michael Dukakis, or registering GOP - the party of Ronald Reagan and Bill Weld.

The GOP produced positive results for most.  GOP was strong and competent.  GOP defeated the USSR.

The Dems stole from most to benefit a few chosen by the Government.  Dems were weak and inept.  Dems were sympathetic to Soviet satellite insurgents in Central America.

There was real constrast between the GOP and Dems.

Now, there is contrast of high-profile wedge issues, but Dems and GOP are both parties of Bigger Government and Globalist Hollowing-out of America's Manufacturing, Technology, Medical, and Intellectual Property competitive advantages for the benefit  of the Chinese Communist Party.

Winner and losers are supposed to be determined via fair competition, not Big Government choosing the winners.

Blame the voters who choose GOP candidates.  Whatever label you give to their party affiliation is irrelevant.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 02:50:50 am »

The problem isn't "the party".   

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yes,it is. They are the ones in decision-making positions,no  one else.

Or more correctly,"The people that control the party".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 04:25:41 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Yes,it is. They are the ones in decision-making positions,no  one else.

Or more correctly,"The people that control the party".

No, the problem is the people we voters elect to hold office.  "The Party" didn't want Reagan in 1980, but GOP voters did.  "The Party" didn't want Trump in 2016, but voters did.  And the voters won.

Ultimately, over any significant period of time, "the party" is going to reflect the views of the average party voter.  The self-delusion occurs when us conservatives blame "the party" for not being conservative enough, but that happens because there are an awful lot of people who vote GOP who aren't as conservative as we are.  We just don't want to admit that.

The problem is the voters, not the party.  Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, and Lindsay Graham didn't elect themselves.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 04:27:29 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 05:15:26 am »
No, the problem is the people we voters elect to hold office.  "The Party" didn't want Reagan in 1980, but GOP voters did.  "The Party" didn't want Trump in 2016, but voters did.  And the voters won.

Ultimately, over any significant period of time, "the party" is going to reflect the views of the average party voter.  The self-delusion occurs when us conservatives blame "the party" for not being conservative enough, but that happens because there are an awful lot of people who vote GOP who aren't as conservative as we are.  We just don't want to admit that.

The problem is the voters, not the party.  Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, and Lindsay Graham didn't elect themselves.

@Maj. Bill Martin

True,but  once elected,they might as well have elected themselves because short of some sort of public spectacle that can't be denied,they are in office for life or until they want to leave.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 06:38:03 am »

I see that differently.
Republican rank and file have been trained to pull the lever for the Big Rhinestone 'R', regardless... Because any Republican is better than those Democrats.

So a Romney - As liberal as any Democrat - can run, be nominated,  and stand a chance to win.

There is NO WAY anyone believes he is legitimately conservative in the least.

Until Republicans stop voting for the Big Rhinestone 'R' without discernment in fear of democrats, they will continue to get worse and worse candidates. You get MORE of what you vote FOR.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2023, 12:33:36 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

True,but  once elected,they might as well have elected themselves because short of some sort of public spectacle that can't be denied,they are in office for life or until they want to leave.

And why?  Because the voters keep electing them.

It all comes back to us - the citizens of the Republic who cast the votes that put people into office and keep them there.

The real problem is that it takes actual work and effort to stay informed, and too many people are unwilling to do that. So they vote based on stupid things like name recognition, what their neighbors may says, or who they think "looks" the part.

It's us citizens, not the party organizations who are subject to the voters anyway, who are the problem.  We are unwilling as a people to put in enough work to cast truly informed votes.

And also, the public as a whole is not as politically conservative as we'd like to think.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 12:35:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »